Freshnd aire 2600 fan switch issues

Chris Argentino

I just bought a freshnd aire fan for $20 and the speed selection doesn’t seem to work. When I put the chain, it cycles trough the numbers but it doesn’t change from high. It is always going full speed. Could it be a resistor issue? I don’t know too much about electrical things but enough for simple wiring. What could this issue be?

E08AC6C2-C401-4DBB-9445-EC30F82E09F7.jpeg

9AC751B2-BD70-4B76-AECE-3835459CFC42.jpeg

BC47D73E-D4F2-4527-A240-EA8F864D6F5C.jpeg

F7A5EBD3-6C98-48CA-9C35-CADC62023791.jpeg

50CEA85F-C90C-447D-90A6-5322BD0A5798.jpeg

1 hour ago, Lane Shirey said:

Probably a bad Levolier switch. Or the coil is shot and they wired all the switch positions to hot. 

I took apart the rear housing. It doesn’t look like they wired everything to hot but I did find a piece of wire that was just lying in the back. There is also a wire that just ends but I don’t know where that’s supposed to go. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

1 hour ago, Lane Shirey said:

Probably a bad Levolier switch. Or the coil is shot and they wired all the switch positions to hot.

the only switch position wired directly to the motor is 1. The rest are wired to the coil but the coil wire that’s supposed to go to the motor (assumingely) is taped

image.jpg