To pay or overpay. That is the question.

John Deats

Went to an antique shop today and purchased this 1927 emerson jr. Sticker price was $225.00. Everything was 50% off today, which made it more within my reach. After some negotiation, I purchased it for $60.00. So, was this a deal, steal, or a robbery ?

20230209_143307.jpg

20230209_143344.jpg

20230209_143319.jpg

Russ, the logo has the #7. Even says 10 inch. I do not doubt your knowledge, I merely went by the 20 year add to the number to acquire the date of manufacture.

20230209_213506.jpg

I have yet to sell any of my completed fans. That's why they're in every room of the house. When I find an emerson, I feel like I found a diamond in the ruff. I like the fanfair prices. They are down to earth. Thanks for everyone's input. I feel like i won one.

2 hours ago, Bob Peshoff said:

You did very well.  $100 is about average in reasonable condition.  Of course to Rocky that's worth a $100 thou.....

Hahah! I have a few jrs...

But not nearly enough of them! Js...😅🤣😂

20230120_123940.jpg

20230120_123932.jpg

• Like 2

I think I will have a regional meet and every one is required to restore a jr. for me and I will supply all the Budweiser they can drink!  It seems like a good idea to me anyways!😅🤣😂

Edited by George Durbin
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, George Durbin said:

I think I will have a regional meet and every one is required to restore a jr. for me and I will supply all the Budweiser they can drink!  It seems like a good idea to me anyways!😅🤣😂

That’s a great idea and it would be an amazing start for the Frankenfan Museum !!

4 hours ago, Bob Peshoff said:

I'm seeing a couple million dollars worth of Jr's there George

Yes, Bob.

At least a hunnert thou
each.  I did the math!...

Million$ & million$ !

I like them because they are as simple as any fan you can buy and... They have the great look of being a much older fan! They don't break the bank and you can gussy them up as you want to... And you can drink a lot Bud while working on them before they get dangerous!😅🤣😂

Edited by George Durbin
  • Like 1