6" polar cub type D

Randy Pierce

This is one with the polar bear getting cooled by a fan on the badge.  Looking to replace what I think was nichrome wire wrapped around a ceramic spool that then made the fan have a second speed.  Of course the spool is part of the switch in the base.  My reading says the coil was wound to make about 60 something ohms.  So far all I can find is wire rated at about 1.5 ish ohms per foot and that would mean it might take 40 ft to get close, and that spool would be massively huge.  Doubting there is room.  Any other ideas for this fix??

yes of course, and awhile back I did rectify the  fan at the switch, but still hoping to address the second speed to make it slower than the main circuit.  The diode certainly did slow it down, thx!!

Maybe I will just rectify the second circuit and have the 1st speed run on a/c and call it a day, but would still llike it to have it a second speed that is slower yet.  Just have not found a wire that would be like the original was.  Must have been very resistive since that spool is so small.