Questions on Robbins and Myers 3804

Tim Babcock

I started to tear this one down. First is the base is covered in leather. I had not even thought of it. But I really like this idea. It is much tougher and easier to take care of then felt. Did this come from the factory this way? I have not see one before. I may be doing this in the future. Also the neck seems to be missing a part. I think its like on the Northwind and some Emerson's that has the set divot to set the head with. Thanks for any help. DSC08561.JPG.61311780f6e4ddb63e9da485099143b1.JPGDSC08562.JPG.f783a6ad56921247148cbc90fbfe7350.JPGDSC08563.JPG.2cb5323d6b5c08aa6fa0cc98c90fc748.JPGDSC08564.JPG.e52b3ec0286693f9f8bc58b8841a926d.JPG

I got the bearing housing off from the rear but two questions. The oscillator rotor on the bottom seems like I can see threads holding it to the gear spindle. I tried as hard as I dare to unscrew it but no luck. Did I miss a set screw somewhere? Also I removed the set screw from the bearing housing on the rear baring housing and did a light tap on it with a punch and hammer, very light but it did not budge. Before I go any farther if I can not buy a bearing I don't really need to remove it. I may have to buy the whole housing.

Thanks. I thought it was, I did not remove it on this one. Let it soak in gas then sprayed down with carb cleaner. oiled the shaft and packed with grease. Seems to be nice and free.