Day two of the Fuller wall mount project..

David A Cherry

Worked on the motor today as usual when it was done, it ran backwards. I made it like my other one that runs forwards. Evidently the windings are backwards or something anyway it’s all fixed. Just have to turn the brushes around. Also, of all the little motors that I’ve worked on this one is the best I’ve come across yet… with everything mounted. The only thing left is for the paint process. I will be shooting for antique patina look along with highlighting the details someone but not over done.. that will be day three or day four, who knows.. the plan in the works is to make a few of these.. my friend in Indiana is also working on making the fan blade exactly like the advertisement picture from back in the day.. the blade that is on there is a custom five blade that I was selling some to members a while back. The Fuller wall unit both tilt upwards and downwards, as well as side to side and locks into place… this one is made for a porter number #1  but in the works is a bigger unit for a porter #3  which I am in the process of reworking to look more like the original drawing... again thanks to Louis Luu for his incredible work on this project, as well as donating one of his little Porter motors… when all is done, hopefully it will go on displayed at the fan museum.  Anyway, stay tuned.

7F295546-D169-4291-B635-C310A7BED8DB.jpeg

F15EF83D-7147-43C4-A512-8AD2BA6FFED1.jpeg

• Like 2

Corrections.....It will be donated to the museum for auction.  Funds will go to museum.

Edited by Louis Luu
  • Like 1

Very nice gesture Louis. The motor should turn so the commutator turns away from the copper brush, not into it I think. At least all mine do....