Old rusty stump

Paul Carmody

I got this fan for the neck pivot for another Westinghouse.Also It had 4 brass nuts.As it turns out it’s a centrifugal start with brass bearing housings.I sprayed electrical cleaner through it,and have been soaking it in Sea Foam penetrant for a couple of months including the bearings.Believe it or not it looks better now.The speed coil is gone.And everything but the stump.

265752E8-A766-4CF5-B2D5-CB034EB42A25.jpeg

C348308E-65F1-43B9-A389-26C029A2FCA1.jpeg

Edited by Paul Carmody

It had continuity so I snipped most the frayed and exposed wire from the switch,put a blade laying around,jumper wire,grit my teeth.This is the original fire up.Thankfully not that kind of 🔥.You can hear the click when I turn it off.Watch the spin down time!And to my surprise it started without a push start?The centrifugal can be heard at the end.

Edited by Paul Carmody

I don’t have a speed coil laying around for a centrifugal so I suppose I’m still going ahead with plan.I don’t want to get in the parts fan for parts fan trap again.

What’s the model number? I have a couple of stamped centrifugal stumps. Might have a switch. 

11 hours ago, Lane Shirey said:

What’s the model number? I have a couple of stamped centrifugal stumps. Might have a switch. 

It’s a 162628 Lane.Small date 1915.

That would be great!The other fan is a later 19 early 20s.I would rather fix this one.I do have a cage ,and the blade that I put on from another burned out fan.The burned out fan is an oscillator is why I couldn’t use the neck pivot.I sure would be willing to purchase it.

Edited by Paul Carmody