Day 4 of the Fuller wall mount project

David A Cherry

Day 4…nothing more left to do …all finished…I  had trouble drilling the pin hole through the stainless steel to lock the lower pin in place so that it will lock in place when you tighten the nut as it should..  this way you can drive the pin out if you need to disassemble. Anyway, it turned out really really nice. I want it bad but Louis Luu has very graciously decided to auction it off with the proceeds going to the AFCA museum.. The  sun was going down in my solarium so the pictures are not the best and you cannot see all the fine japanning detail. Believe me when I say, it looks much better in person then in the pictures which is usually the other way around… my friend in Indiana is working on the six wing blade for it as I write this..  it amazes me how some thing that was just a pipe dream not that long ago is now a reality thanks to people like Louis Luu and the invention of 3-D metal printing..  one can only hope that more is in the works.. may be a 6 inch miniature Simplex oscillating table, , or an 8 inch feather vane…. the sky the limit.. 

6FD84374-025B-4643-9E75-8BB6692F328F.jpeg

54760761-74C3-4085-B011-27DF2DB90493.jpeg

A3B4CE95-D125-4D07-B9F5-B88CDD8A6D3D.jpeg

FB885BB7-3594-46B7-8071-F251D58CA632.jpeg

CF696421-8C69-4F89-ADB8-73534E9AFD64.jpeg

A4B340A5-8831-4E45-A8DD-83C4574EEC12.jpeg

Edited by David A Cherry
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, David A Cherry said:

Day 4…nothing more left to do …all finished…I  had trouble drilling the pin hole through the stainless steel to lock the lower pin in place so that it will lock in place when you tighten the nut as it should..  this way you can drive the pin out if you need to disassemble. Anyway, it turned out really really nice. I want it bad but Louis Luu has very graciously decided to auction it off with the proceeds going to the AFCA museum.. The  sun was going down in my solarium so the pictures are not the best and you cannot see all the fine japanning detail. Believe me when I say, it looks much better in person then in the pictures which is usually the other way around… my friend in Indiana is working on the six wing blade for it as I write this..  it amazes me how some thing that was just a pipe dream not that long ago is now a reality thanks to people like Louis Luu and the invention of 3-D metal printing..  one can only hope that more is in the works.. may be a 6 inch miniature Simplex oscillating table, , or an 8 inch feather vane…. the sky the limit.. 

6FD84374-025B-4643-9E75-8BB6692F328F.jpeg

54760761-74C3-4085-B011-27DF2DB90493.jpeg

A3B4CE95-D125-4D07-B9F5-B88CDD8A6D3D.jpeg

FB885BB7-3594-46B7-8071-F251D58CA632.jpeg

CF696421-8C69-4F89-ADB8-73534E9AFD64.jpeg

I'll get you one or two.  I have the CAD all done.  You did the hard part!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Louis Luu said:

I'll get you one or two.  I have the CAD all done.  You did the hard part!

I disagree.. you definitely did the hard part.. just very glad that it all came together,. rarely do things like this go that smoothly.. a few growing pains, but that’s all.. the rest should go much better.. thanks for your offer. I am already working on picking out a spot although lately, it’s been getting harder and harder. I have this vision of one on each side of the fireplace above the mantle. I wanted to do the dragon fans, but that’s crazy money and I don’t think I’m crazy. Well, maybe just a little..

1 minute ago, David A Cherry said:

I disagree.. you definitely did the hard part.. just very glad that it all came together,. rarely do things like this go that smoothly.. a few growing pains, but that’s all.. the rest should go much better.. thanks for your offer. I am already working on picking out a spot although lately, it’s been getting harder and harder. I have this vision of one on each side of the fireplace above the mantle. I wanted to do the dragon fans, but that’s crazy money and I don’t think I’m crazy. Well, maybe just a little..

The Fortwayne dragons are in the works.

• Like 1