ECK sidegear oscillator done.

Bill Dunlap

Here's the ECK I've been working on. It came minus the switch, which was OK since it saved me the trouble of modifying an original to work with wall voltage. Who used 116VDC in those days? I'm baffled by that. Anyway, it needed some parts, like a new cage, rubber feet, wire, etc. The cross shaft was badly worn so I made up one from a 5/16" hardened bolt.  The fan is powder coated using the hot coat method. (heat the part, spray on the powder until it flows out over the casting flaws.) Nickel plating where needed. Cage replacement. Not exactly like the original but most folks would never know. And 5$ worth of electrical part to make it run properly on two speeds. High quality fan. The motor casting alone is a marvel of casting. Such detail. Badge came out very nice. But most of all, it runs sweet as can be. (I used my Verity's Junior blade on it in case anyone notices. It didn't come with the project.) Bummer I have to send it back. This would be a great daily runner.

Edited by Bill Dunlap
  • Like 6