Jump to content

Eddie williams

Eddie Williams

Recommended Posts

I have a signal jr fan 8 inch it has two screws one on each side of back of with springs inside can anyone tell me what they are . Trying to re finish this fan.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Sounds like it might be what's called a Universal Motor and what you are seeing are what are called Brush holders hold what are called brushes which help make the motor run on AC or DC Current, and brushes are NOT to be confused with bushings or bearings which is what the rotor shaft of the motor rides on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...