Montgomery Ward Airline fan

Michael McMenamin

Just picked up this little guy at an estate sale. Montgomery Ward Airline Model 05S1E.Redmond Company motor Model 3144. Trying to determine its' age. Looks like from the 1960's. I would appreciate any info that anyone can provide. It also works! Thanks.

DSC02474.JPG

DSC02475.JPG

DSC02476.JPG

DSC02477.JPG

DSC02478.JPG

• 3 months later...

With the fan having a Redmond Motor in it like it does would actually put the fan more in the 1950s range because Redmond I think went out of business in the 1960s.

With that in mind, Redmond Motors are actually really good quality highly serviceable motors and if they are kept up as far as keeping them lubed goes, the fans that have those motors in them will easily last 100 years or more. 

BASED ON THE FINISH I WOULD AGREE MID 1950S IF NOT JUST A BIT EARLIER. THAT HAMMERED LOOK GRAY SILVER WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN CONTENPORARY IN THE 1960S WHEN COLORS WERE THE THING, ESPECIALLY LIGHT PASTEL COLORS IN BLUES AND GREENS AND IVORY BEIGES...I WOULD GUESS 1954-56. THE SWITCH ON THE CORD ALSO IS VERY OLD FASHIONED FOR 1960S, I THINK BACK A BUNCH OF YEARS MORE