Tiny muffins (:

Arjun Saini

• 3 weeks later...

just go to your local computer supply store that may also sell old computer parts and I'm sure you'll find plenty of these old fans like these there.

On 5/10/2023 at 8:05 PM, Levi Mevis said:

just go to your local computer supply store that may also sell old computer parts and I'm sure you'll find plenty of these old fans like these there.

Don’t got any that does old parts anymore 

12 hours ago, Levi Mevis said:

Not even old used computer towers? 

Can’t find the old old ones 

Hmm, interesting because I come across old computers all the time even the old early 1990s and late 1980s IBM computers like the old PS/2 computers or other 386/486 processor based computers. 

If you want I can keep an eye out for you, and if I find something I can send it your way. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Levi Mevis said:

Hmm, interesting because I come across old computers all the time even the old early 1990s and late 1980s IBM computers like the old PS/2 computers or other 386/486 processor based computers. 

If you want I can keep an eye out for you, and if I find something I can send it your way. 

Odd usually these muffin fans are 120-240 v and are found in server racks 

• 2 months later...
On 5/22/2023 at 1:29 PM, Arjun Saini said:

Odd usually these muffin fans are 120-240 v and are found in server racks 

OK, I didn't know that was the kind of fans you were working with, I thought the fans you were working with were old PC Processor fans or old PC Case Fans which would run off of 5V or 12V DC, I didn't realize these were old Server Rack Fans. 

1 minute ago, Levi Mevis said:

OK, I didn't know that was the kind of fans you were working with, I thought the fans you were working with were old PC Processor fans or old PC Case Fans which would run off of 5V or 12V DC, I didn't realize these were old Server Rack Fans, I think the computer store I frequent would still have some of those kinds of fans though because they do deal with that kind of stuff as well. 

• Like 1

Man I used to have a SUN server with two large fan arrays, that thing was loud.  There are still surplus stores around that have these by the gaylord full, we used to have a place called Weirdstuff warehouse thst had thousands.  I had no idea someone is actually collecting them.  I like the high pressure 4X fan stack ones they have for server backplanes, they are like little jet engines.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/28/2023 at 5:39 PM, Chris Jacobsen said:

Man I used to have a SUN server with two large fan arrays, that thing was loud.  There are still surplus stores around that have these by the gaylord full, we used to have a place called Weirdstuff warehouse thst had thousands.  I had no idea someone is actually collecting them.  I like the high pressure 4X fan stack ones they have for server backplanes, they are like little jet engines.

You got any?

I may have some around.  Will set any aside next time I purge my shed.  If you have any specific fans or specific types, price range, I can keep my eyes open.  Surplus stores are dying all the time so supply is getting a bit harder to find but there is still a ton out here.  Silicon valley after all.  I used to have an SGI Indigo2 with some amazing fans in it but long gone now.

• Like 1