Mini-Lollipop

Louis Luu

I also beveled the bottom of the struts so it sits nice and flush against the round motor housing.  I also added and beveled the top where the struts attached to the motor so the screws sits flush.  After it is printed...I will smooth out the tidbits and make the mold.

Edited by Louis Luu
  • Like 2

Made one last modification to the cage holder.  The ends needed a bit more thickening to hold the cage properly and flushed.  The only thing left is the badge and spider.

image.png.d50a76452397599a1ebedd0643fcb3d0.png702376636_image(1).png.ba0bd8cec5573f66be7e167050d3a268.png1779345275_image(2).png.dfef200bea54748c912ce42e35af7b4b.png1766373730_image(3).png.f75698481f17cc70b26aa3bdcbf55869.png

Edited by Louis Luu
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

One last piece to draw.  The blade hub.  I will be working on that today and finalizing the project.  The badge is being printed.  I need to see it first before releasing it for sale.  Off to the post office to get things shipped.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got the print back.  Size is perfect for the mini-lollipop.  I will need to make the lost wax.

This is what steel-bronze looks like.

image.thumb.png.ff1d55279889611aca3f3fc80b7f5786.png

Steel

image.thumb.png.26ade07fc9f46f977b965a17856da452.png

Original 8 inch R&M open commutator hub size comparison.

image.thumb.png.3fc5c7d28b3eb0e825b28eee7a87a109.pngimage.thumb.png.e0f08f461d3c987063051f6cd2d9bcf2.png

• 3 months later...

Project is back on track.  I found a company who charges way less for printed steel.  I need to order some parts to confirm their quality print.  I will be ordering some collar nose cone and gears to test their quality.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm scrapping the old drawing and doing from scratch.  It has been a year and a half since I began this project and learn how to draw in CAD.  I can better now.  I will redo it and fix the commutator issue along with making the center bearing.  The new drawing will be a needed improvement.  I do plan on making both versions available....a mini-lollipop and a vane oscillator.  The struts will be interchangeable. 

The new drawing will not take long as I have learned a tad bit more since.

• Like 1

With the new company, the parts will be much cheaper and affordable!  Projected completion for this is by the end of next year (May be earlier), I will have the kits available.  Sorry for the long wait...I got multiple things I'm doing in the background.  Fort Wayne Dragon, DeMott Motor, Crescent fan, Veritys parts, Geissler Rotators, motor tables, Emerson Bedpost...etc.

Louis,

Your work never ceases to amaze me. I am excited to see the finished work. I'm sure it will be a thing of beauty.

I'm so very glad you have a passion for fans and not toasters or something else. Great to have you in this Fan Family. 

• 1 month later...