Emerson Odd Early 1930s Tripod Ventilation Fan & Motor - First Restoration and Questions

Liem Nguyen

11 hours ago, Russ Huber said:

I guess you got lucky, Liem, not may brass rear housings around.

EmersonFunk1.jpg

I also have the feeling that my example with the brass rear housing is quite unique! Is the fan in the picture another example of yours? 

On 6/4/2023 at 11:51 AM, Liem Nguyen said:

I also have the feeling that my example with the brass rear housing is quite unique! Is the fan in the picture another example of yours? 

Liem, does yours run warm/hot when on for an hour or two?

I have one with the brass bullet and just sold my second one with brass bullet to another member.  Maybe less common, but not rare. 

On 6/8/2023 at 11:12 AM, Roger Borg said:

Liem, does yours run warm/hot when on for an hour or two?

Hi Roger, I have not run the fan that long, but will do that test and let you know. 

On 6/8/2023 at 7:42 PM, Lane Shirey said:

I have one with the brass bullet and just sold my second one with brass bullet to another member.  Maybe less common, but not rare. 

Thanks Lane. That's good to know. I'll be interested in buying another one with brass bullet if you're selling it one day. 

5 hours ago, Liem Nguyen said:

Thanks Lane. That's good to know. I'll be interested in buying another one with brass bullet if you're selling it one day. 

My second one will possibly be out for sale at our meet in Sept. . It’s on the list to take. 

• 1 month later...

If you can pin down for example an R&M 12" brass guard with and open center ring, all you would need is to modify some brass guard supports for it. Cool beans.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Russ Huber said:

If you can pin down for example an R&M 12" brass guard with and open center ring, all you would need is to modify some brass guard supports for it. Cool beans.

Thanks Russ. I think a 12" brass cage like one from the Emerson 21646 would fit and I can even use those Emerson struts without having to modify much. All I would need to do is to replace the four motor screws by longer ones that have enough length for the struts to sit on.

8 minutes ago, Liem Nguyen said:

Thanks Russ. I think a 12" brass cage like one from the Emerson 21646 would fit and I can even use those Emerson struts without having to modify much. All I would need to do is to replace the four motor screws by longer ones that have enough length for the struts to sit on.

You're on top of the game, chief. I don't need to tell you anything. 🙂

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Russ Huber said:

You're on top of the game, chief. I don't need to tell you anything. 🙂

Haha Thank you Russ! I really like these new toys and have spent much time playing with them. Thanks again for having let me to have them. 

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Russ Huber said:

Pedestal Model. 🙂

381298964_6739913362751137_8442680301775988673_n.jpg

This Emerson fan really allows wild imaginations! This pedestal fan looks pretty cool though I would prefer an Emerson brass cage and a brass pedestal for mine! 

Edited by Liem Nguyen
  • Like 1