ATTENTION: Jeff Jones

Steve Rockwell

I can not find you in the Directory, nor the personal Message system... I never go to Facebook for anything, so that is not a means of communication for us. I'm counting on someone alerting you, if you don't particularly check this Forum...

I'm certain that what I was saying Saturday was not being heard--- that is not a direct current motor... For 25 and 40 cycle supply GE used that brushed set-up...

image.thumb.jpeg.bffe0b01e657544a137f8eb9c2a4b26a.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.6049b7f910d18e6f315eb57191e92ebd.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.a99645ba0daaea955117a44dcfde31c0.jpeg

Assuming this message gets through to you, drop me a PM, I'd like to be in further touch.....

PostScript:  Thank You Arjun

Edited by Steve Rockwell
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Steve Rockwell said:

I can not find you in the Directory, nor the personal Message system... I never go to Facebook for anything, so that is not a means of communication for us. I'm counting on someone alerting you, if you don't particularly check this Forum...

I'm certain that what I was saying Saturday was not being heard--- that is not a direct current motor... For 25 and 40 cycle supply GE used that brushed set-up...

image.thumb.jpeg.bffe0b01e657544a137f8eb9c2a4b26a.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.6049b7f910d18e6f315eb57191e92ebd.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.a99645ba0daaea955117a44dcfde31c0.jpeg

Assuming this message gets through to you, drop me a PM, I'd like to be in further touch.....

I’ll let him know. I have him on FB

Hi Steve,

Thank you for reaching out. Arjun did get a hold of me but I couldn't respond because my login was not working on the new forum. Finally got that fixed yesterday.  Not sure why I'm not in the directory either...I was and I've kept up dues so not sure what happened. Will have to inquire about that too.

I don't recall hearing you explaining that but with the pouring rain and other distractions going on that day it's certainly possible I just didn't hear you.  

In any event that makes that fan that much cooler...I've read about manufacturers using brushes for odd cycle motors but never had one and now I do.  I just figured it was DC on first glance..didn't really look that closely at the tag that day.

Thank you for the heads up on it. I looked at the tag the other night and saw the 40 cycles marked. Interesting variation.  Although I've no way to run it now lol.  

I got the BMY running also.  Fortunately it was just a bad connection down at the switch.  Once I found it and redid the splice it's starting and running beautifully now. It's a very nice fan.

Haven't had a chance to look at the heater yet...hopefully this week or next. 

Very nice meeting you...keep on touch.  

20230523_221537.jpg

20230523_221211.jpg

20230523_215839.jpg

20230523_221540.jpg