Gramercy Fan

Gerry Fisher

Spotted this Gramercy fan last week in an antique mall and had to buy it since I'd never seen this brand.  I also found  it interesting that it was made in Boonville, MO, same state that I live in.  The company that made it is the Bersted Manufacturing Company, the same outfit that I think made Zero, Wizard, and Eskimo.  Is there anyone out there who has seen a Gramercy and knows anything about it? 

image.jpeg.7f440709e4c8330a9890d3856a4f50fe.jpegimage.jpeg.34cf078f0a95e6e67fefc16c4a383c2d.jpeg

I HAVE A 12" GRAMMERCY WITH A LATER 12" ESKIMO STYLE BLADE . IT HAS THE GOOD BASE AS YOU SHOW HERE WITH A 3 SPEED SWITCH IN THE BASE. I LOOKED FOR YEARS TO FIND ONE AS THE NEIGHBORS HAD 6 FANS, AND IT WAS MY JOB TO OIL AND CLEAN THEM 

2 X WESTY RIVIERA 8" 

2 X 12" GRAMMERCY 3 SPEED OSCILLATOR WITH LATER ESKIMO BLADE 

17" FRESH N DAIRE 

10" FASCO KITCHEN WALL FAN 

I LOOKED FOR YEARS TO FIND THE GRAMMERCY ...IT SITS IN THE MAIN BEWDRROM AS WE SPEAK. CLEARLY MADE BY BERSTED BUT WITH A GOOD BASE AND NOT COMMON 3 SPEED ..I FINALLY FOUND ONE ON EBAY 

Thanks for the photo, Russ.  It looks like our blades are different.   Is your's a Model 60 and how many speeds does it have?  And, Tom, I'm intrigued with the news that your's has three speeds, since mine has only one.  Is the Eskimo style blade you have like mine or Russ'?

30 minutes ago, Gerry Fisher said:

Thanks for the photo, Russ.  It looks like our blades are different.   Is your's a Model 60 and how many speeds does it have? 

Gerry, the fan is not mine, I took it from an image on Pinterest on the web to add to your post.  Your fan is interesting, I like the blade set. You could polish those wings to chrome luster, if that is your taste.  I myself have never owned one.

mine has a typical 1960s bersted 12" blade  that was on zero eskimo coronado and so many other re brands before the plastic blades came out