Because a couple hundred ceiling fans weren't enough.

Andrew Block

Found a stash a few hours away so another member and I went to pick it up. 3 truckloads of fan parts including 2 pallets of complete fans, along with about a dozen "loosies" for parts or to complete later.

I'll be sorting for a few years, but hey, parts are a good thing.

349742842_637851778249363_7084709708925440659_n.thumb.jpg.38048d71dd4d7d178dae01ba3b4af30d.jpg.350120086_261980026320970_8151317845165499086_n.thumb.jpg.39e17ab17f60b446016df11766629522.jpg

350088988_179300474774500_29893098785463215_n.jpg

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, Michael Rathberger said:

Nice. How's your back?

More sore than it would have been when I was 20 😕

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

That's a nice haul. Lots of promising pieces in there, in spite of the corporal punishment!

Wow, that is one heavy haul.  Sounds like an old motor shop stash.  Some nice Emersons and Centuries there, I would be interested in more details if you have any to offer.

Still unpacking and inventorying. Most spin freely but have surface rust from being stored in a non-climate controlled building.

No description available.

• Like 1

Quick question of anyone is looking, I have several PMs that arrived for me, I replied but not sure of my messages got through.  I am not a spammer but I am faily new.  Anyone know of there is some restriction on PM replies?  Hate to leave people in the dark.  Sorry for the off-topic but have not heard back from any admins. 

18 minutes ago, Chris Jacobsen said:

Quick question of anyone is looking, I have several PMs that arrived for me, I replied but not sure of my messages got through.  I am not a spammer but I am faily new.  Anyone know of there is some restriction on PM replies?  Hate to leave people in the dark.  Sorry for the off-topic but have not heard back from any admins. 

I know that at least SOME* AFCA members DO NOT RECEIVE Private Message NOTIFICATIONS! 
*ALL* of my AFCA notifications go to junk, even after I set each one manually to 'VIP.'. Another member seemed to suggest that they are not even getting through to junk, being blocked perhaps. It suspect it has something to do with the CONFIG of the hosting server, but the fact that the notifications contain Remote Content also is a flag for many mail systems. But this field is no longer in my pay grade. and no, I don't miss those days!

I'll try to send a coherent message about this to the web admins if they aren't ready aware and/or reading this. Which they probably are!

Patience, Grasshopper!

pm

* — Maybe all. . . ?

Edited by Paul Michael

50 minutes ago, Paul Michael said:

I know that at least SOME* AFCA members DO NOT RECEIVE Private Message NOTIFICATIONS! 
*ALL* of my AFCA notifications go to junk, even after I set each one manually to 'VIP.'. Another member seemed to suggest that they are not even getting through to junk, being blocked perhaps. It suspect it has something to do with the CONFIG of the hosting server, but the fact that the notifications contain Remote Content also is a flag for many mail systems. But this field is no longer in my pay grade. and no, I don't miss those days!

I'll try to send a coherent message about this to the web admins if they aren't ready aware and/or reading this. Which they probably are!

Patience, Grasshopper!

pm

* — Maybe all. . . ?

Thank you Paul!  I appreciate the assistance and pardon the typos from my fat fingers on a tiny phone.  Had to disable autocorrect as it keeps freaking out.  Never had this sort of issue on other forums so I am a bit confused.  Being not too network technical myself it is a mhstery.  I will stop my replies unless needed to be respectful  as this is a total tangent.  

Also if there is anyone who would like to contact me my spam filtered mail is 

Trashmail8488 on gmail.

I do check it and answer. 

Thanks,

Chris

• Like 1

Guests have limited PM privileges.  If you intend to consistently use the resources on the forum, consider being a dues-paying AFCA member then it won’t be a problem. 

Edited by Lane Shirey
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/31/2023 at 1:12 PM, Andrew Block said:

More sore than it would have been when I was 20 😕

Still possibly interested in one fan motor but do you have any light arms and or blade adapters for sale?  Please PM if you have time thanks.

I'm looking for a 3 speed snap switch for a GE Type AH Ceiling Fan, or equivalent, if you have one that you could spare from one of the fans you just picked up I would appreciate it. 

9 hours ago, Levi Mevis said:

I'm looking for a 3 speed snap switch for a GE Type AH Ceiling Fan, or equivalent, if you have one that you could spare from one of the fans you just picked up I would appreciate it. 

Check with Derek, he makes them, I bought one from him at Doc’s meet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Stan Adams said:

Check with Derek, he makes them, I bought one from him at Doc’s meet.

I was just asking on here because I wasn't sure if maybe he might of had some fans that might of had a good switch on them but the motor might of been bad or something else like that, just exploring my options before I resort to getting a repop switch because I want that to be my last resort option. 

10 hours ago, Levi Mevis said:

I was just asking on here because I wasn't sure if maybe he might of had some fans that might of had a good switch on them but the motor might of been bad or something else like that, just exploring my options before I resort to getting a repop switch because I want that to be my last resort option. 

You do know they are probably a couple hundred (or higher) a piece right?  Dereks option os worlds more affordable unless you are set on going near stock on this.

On 6/28/2023 at 1:40 PM, Chris Jacobsen said:

Still possibly interested in one fan motor but do you have any light arms and or blade adapters for sale?  Please PM if you have time thanks.

I can't seem to PM on here. Not sure why. Email me at andrewbuchler@gmail.com

On 6/30/2023 at 12:17 PM, Chris Jacobsen said:

You do know they are probably a couple hundred (or higher) a piece right?  Dereks option os worlds more affordable unless you are set on going near stock on this.

Yes I know, But I have had people on here send me stuff for just the cost of shipping before even stuff that was worth more than just the cost of shipping, like various parts for repairing fans, or what not.) 

13 hours ago, Levi Mevis said:

Yes I know, But I have had people on here send me stuff for just the cost of shipping before even stuff that was worth more than just the cost of shipping, like various parts for repairing fans, or what not.) 

Michael has a fan switch that he may be bringing to Fanfair, probably less costly.  Just make sure your dimensions check out.  I find it a bit more polite not to ask for handouts, always expect to pay unless offered, after all you never know what the other person spent on it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/2/2023 at 4:26 PM, Chris Jacobsen said:

Michael has a fan switch that he may be bringing to Fanfair, probably less costly.  Just make sure your dimensions check out.  I find it a bit more polite not to ask for handouts, always expect to pay unless offered, after all you never know what the other person spent on it.

I'm not begging or anything, I was just seeing what he had, I was more than willing to pay him for the switch if he had it, even if it was just the shipping costs (which believe me shipping things these days ain't cheap! Even a 2 or 3 pound package costs $30 these days.)

Edited by Levi Mevis