Westinghouse Mobil Fire

Marce Clark

hi everyone I have a question, I'm working on a round motor mobil are and as I'm putting it back together I see no oil ports.

does this motor use grease instead?

thanks marce 

IMG_0632.jpeg

OK THAT IS FROM AN AM17 2 SPEED THERE IS NO OIL PORT AND THEY DONT USE GREASE.  YOU HAVE TO OIL IT THE HARD WAY .THAT ROUND APPLIQUE AROUND THE SHAFT IS ACTUALLY THE CAP OVER THE FELT WICKING WHICH WAS TO "PERMANENTLY" HOLD OIL IN A RESEVOIR. THEY DO GO DRY ...I HAVE THE SAME MOTOR ON A MOBILAIRE I GRABBED AT MY BBQ AND IT BUZZED REALLY LOUD, ONLY RUNS ON ONE SPEED AND STINKS SO IT IS SHOT. I AM WORKING ON REPLACING IT. THIS WAS A MOTOR USED IN ENTRY BOX FANS TOO AND WASNT SUPER ROBUST ALWAYS. IF YOURS RUNS GOOD, YOU CAN TAKE THE MOTOR APART, SLIDE OUT THE ROTOR AND SHAFT AND TRICKLE OIL IN TO THE WICKING ,, THAT DOES WORK 

thanks Tom. I oiled it and put it back together, it seems to run good but gets hot really quick. I have 2 motors a round 1 with 2wires and a hexagon motor with 3 wires. I don't know if either motor needs a cap or not. I wired the hexagon motor with a cap and it ran but started smoking. the round 1 runs without a cap but gets warm quick. also I reinsulated the windings on both.

I DONT THINK EITHER ONE OF THOSE MOTORS USES A CAPACITOR ONLY THE 1953 AND OLDER MOBILAIRES ... I AM STILL HUNTING UP A MOTOR FOR MINE ...GOOD LUCK WITH THAT ONE ! 

thanks Tom and Tony for the reply. I wasn't sure about the hexagon motor needing a cap or not. I've tried to find wiring diagrams for the different motors but haven't found any for either that seem to match my motors