Old Ceiling Fan Speed Control- Please post the model number and brand

Lane Shirey

Hello all, I’m planning to install an old Fernleaf ceiling fan in the near future and I recall several people mentioning a wall mounted speed control that works well with these old fans.  As I recall, it looks a little clunky but presents no problems with the old fans. 

I’ve looked all over for the old posts and can’t seem to find them. 

Id appreciate if someone would kindly post the information on the control that I’m looking for. 
Thanks in advance! 
Lane

29 minutes ago, Stan Adams said:

Andrew Block has them, I have gotten some from him, they work great!

As I recall it was available on Amazon, but I can’t recall the brand. 

I have a triac based one that works well with old fans. Sometimes it causes a hum but that is really more of an issue with the fan. Only way around that is a capacitor.

My experience has been most electronic ones  don’t work. Rheostat models work great. I think John McCommas has the model numbers.

If memory serves, this looks familiar.  Has anyone used this for an old Emerson? 

IMG_4267.png

11 hours ago, Lane Shirey said:

If memory serves, this looks familiar.  Has anyone used this for an old Emerson? 

IMG_4267.png

All of the churches I've ever been to have used those controls for those old 1970s vintage industrial ceiling fans (the ones with the metal blades) and they've had pretty good luck with them, and as far as I know those are shaded pole motored fans.

Lane,

I have used the KB model listed above for all the old fans in our home, including Hunter R-52's (have two that have run off the same KB), Daytons (pre-1920 models) Emerson's (same vintage as yours), Jandus gyros, and others. They are inexpensive but work perfectly.

• Thanks 1

Thank you Robert! That was the info I was looking for!  I know some are compatible and others not so much. 

I appreciate the feedback.