I'm looking for a wiring diagram for a Westinghouse 16PAM fan

Paul Paradise

I'm looking for a wiring diagram for a Westinghouse Power Aire 16PAM fan. The fan has no line cord and the capacitor is not connected. The coil is still connected to the tree positions of the switch however the head wired (red, green & yellow) wires are not connected to anything. Any help would be appreciated. I tried to old AFCAForum.com website site, but it is not working (503 errors on all pages). Thanks, Paul

This what I am thinking is correct. However this 16PAM is a 3-speed fan with a SPTT switch, and a speed coil instead of a resistor; as in this 2-speed fan diagram. Again, any help would be appreciated. I just need confirmation that the cap goes across the red and green head wires basically

capacitor fan.png

3 hours ago, Paul Paradise said:

This what I am thinking is correct. However this 16PAM is a 3-speed fan with a SPTT switch, and a speed coil instead of a resistor; as in this 2-speed fan diagram. Again, any help would be appreciated. I just need confirmation that the cap goes across the red and green head wires basically

capacitor fan.png

The cap normally does, its like that on mine.

• Thanks 1

On 3/22/2024 at 6:30 PM, Alex Koh said:

The cap normally does, its like that on mine.

Thanks Alex!

I tried that but it is not correct on this fan. I'll keep looking. Thanks! :)

43 minutes ago, Paul Paradise said:

Thanks Alex!

I tried that but it is not correct on this fan. I'll keep looking. Thanks! 🙂

That is odd, I opened mine to check and the diagram is correct. Could you send pictures of the fan and what you did?

On 3/29/2024 at 4:52 PM, Alex Koh said:

That is odd, I opened mine to check and the diagram is correct. Could you send pictures of the fan and what you did?

Thanks again Alex!

I got it working OK I believe. The switch is not working good and it was skewing my readings.
I bypassed the switch so now (High) I am drawing .51 Amps with no blade (the tag says .75 Amps).
My resistances and voltages are as follows:

Green to Yellow: 38 ohms @ 115 VAC
Yellow to Red: 170 ohms @ 204 VAC
Red to Green: 208 ohms @ 255 VAC

The diagram would make much more sense if it said, low ohms between green and yellow, and highest ohms between green and red! However, it has no resistances marked on it. This makes it confusing since it is a generic diagram for a 2-speed motor with no coil. And this is a 3-speed motor with a coil and no resistor. Apples and oranges are always had to relate. lol

On 3/22/2024 at 11:27 AM, Paul Paradise said:

I'm looking for a wiring diagram for a Westinghouse Power Aire 16PAM fan. The fan has no line cord and the capacitor is not connected. The coil is still connected to the tree positions of the switch however the head wired (red, green & yellow) wires are not connected to anything. Any help would be appreciated. I tried to old AFCAForum.com website site, but it is not working (503 errors on all pages). Thanks, Paul

The old forum is only accessible at the bottom of the forums page on the website. AFCAforum.com is not accessible anymore.