Emerson 79648-AX

Bryan Eshenbaugh

I have two Emerson 79648-AX fans, 115v, 60c, 1.4a. One is stamped with a 30 micro date and has an aluminum base. The other is stamped 31 with an over stamp of 32 and has a magnetic steel/cast base. I read Steve Steven’s blog on Emerson identification but doesn’t cover the later models. I was wondering if Emerson offered a “Lighter” version? Or why the difference in base on same model? Thanks for any info. 👍

IMG_8176.jpeg

IMG_8177.jpeg

I think it was a case of Emerson did not waste anything. Someone found a stash of cast bases & said look what I found. We need to use these up.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Stan Adams said:

I think it was a case of Emerson did not waste anything. Someone found a stash of cast bases & said look what I found. We need to use these up.

Wasn’t sure what year they changed over to the aluminum bases? However, that makes sense due to the earlier one being aluminum. Thanks Stan. 👍

Actually Bryan, your post reminded me, I'm going to do a thread on weird Emerson combos in the near future, I have several & you added another.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/24/2024 at 7:01 AM, Stan Adams said:

Actually Bryan, your post reminded me, I'm going to do a thread on weird Emerson combos in the near future, I have several & you added another.

My 79646-AQ is cast, both base and motor housing + gearbox.  Don’t know if that helps or not but I thought I’d throw it out there.  

• Thanks 1

On 4/11/2024 at 2:22 PM, John Landstrom said:

My 79646-AQ is cast, both base and motor housing + gearbox.  Don’t know if that helps or not but I thought I’d throw it out there.  

Thanks John. I am wondering if Emerson still had a warranty/guarantee at this time? Maybe those that were sent in for a broke base were repaired with leftover cast bases? Just a theory being so few and not consistent in production? 
Thanks again.