Montgomery-Ward “Super Blue Line” 12”

Evan Atkinson

Thinking mid to late 1930’s? Satisfyingly beefy and robust. 

Has anyone observed any significant differences between a factory 12” Signal of this same vintage, and this M-W re-branded version?

This one has the original cord, headwire and ribbed bakelite plug. Guy said it had been in his family forever.

IMG_6625.jpeg

IMG_6622.jpeg

IMG_6623.jpeg

IMG_6626.jpeg

IMG_6627.jpeg

IMG_6628.jpeg

IMG_6630.jpeg

IMG_6629.jpeg

• Like 1

Super Blue Line is simply a MW trademark name placed on an all-Signal fan. Yours dates early 30s up until mid 30s. some of them are built like tanks. Henry Tideman was engineering the Signal line of desk fans late 27-34. What's odd is some of those early 30s models have CCW blade rotation. I am still trying to figure out what was Henry Tideman's thing with CCW blade rotation?? All the 19th century Menominee bipolars had CCW blade rotation. 

I had my hands on a CCW 12" early 30s Signal about a week back in someone's stash. It was in beautiful condition with CCW blade rotation. I would have bought it to move on but most of the collectors won't give them the time of day. I don't get it, that fan was heavy and well built. 

You can see it had most of its gloss paint in the image.

Signal.jpg

• Like 2