Gilbert Polar Cub floor model

Steve H Jordan

Hello all - I have found this Polar Cub floor model and can’t seem to find anything else like it.

I am guessing it’s late 30’s or 40’s but don’t really know.

Is there an easy way to date these ? I see many on the forum that have a plate on the motor with a model/letter on it but this doesn’t appear to have ever had this.

it does still have its original Gilbert label on the metal stand base.

Any help gratefully received 

Thanks

IMG_2541.jpeg

IMG_2547.jpeg

IMG_2542.jpeg

IMG_2543.jpeg

IMG_2544.jpeg

IMG_2545.jpeg

IMG_2546.jpeg

IMG_2548.jpeg

I meant to add that it’s a 10” fan and although somewhat sluggish does actually work !!

Very odd fan because that would not be an original color scheme aka paint, yet there is an old(???) tag over top of it. No idea, these are rare in general, but the tag there doesn't seem quite right. 

8 hours ago, Nicholas Denney said:

Very odd fan because that would not be an original color scheme aka paint, yet there is an old(???) tag over top of it. No idea, these are rare in general, but the tag there doesn't seem quite right. 

Hi Nicholas - I think it was originally painted a lime green.  The back of the blades appear to be original - see my photos.

The tag on the base has been carefully painted around I think when someone decided to “upgrade” the colours!!

8 hours ago, Nicholas Denney said:

image.jpeg.a3e12691a9332ae29119dbfc9f382b20.jpeg