I have this Victor fan I am going to try to rewind. Any help appreicated.

Tim Babcock

I think I have the right or very close magnet wire. The winding had shorted in the past and burnt down a couple of layers of windings. I don't think its worth trying to repair it. Better to try to rewind it. Any help appreciated. My idea so far is to 1. make a template out of the coil using a dowel with a hole drilled in the center it and a screw so I can make a 4 corner inside patter to wind. I was wondering the patter to wrap. Does each coil wind the same way or direction? Does the coil plates [steel laminate with the shaded copper have a front and a back? Any tips to make it go easier also appreciated. Thanks. 1.jpg.e929f87de13c05e07fd5649fceab0ea3.jpgDSC00403.thumb.JPG.4f18e7740619aaa396968c98eaa15781.JPG2.thumb.JPG.af6b8598db96a9ed8dc4151ea490b4b3.JPG

The coils will not really have a direction, here is a picture.

As a rule, start to start, finish to finish, start to start, finish to finish .......

winding.thumb.jpg.1c3f408e702e2e3956e226d7917c1d29.jpg

winding-2.thumb.jpg.98cebf1335a9a1a76919e8d911ed726c.jpg

Thanks that is what I needed. No particular way they install in the stater?

Nothing to worry about on these motors. As long as you can fit the coils in and they fit snugly, you're golden. You just need to put them in so that they are opposite rotation. 

The laminations don't have a front or back, that's determined after you put the motor together. The copper pieces are on the leading edge of the laminations, so in your picture the motor would spin clockwise.