Emerson 6250-k golden Jubilee restoration

Paul Carmody

i got around to finishing the 1954 Jubilee.I wasn’t going to do this one because of the condition of the cage and blade.My daughter wanted a pink fan and I thought this would be a good candidate.After starting she informed me that a little fan was not what she had in mind ,but one that caused hurricane force winds .I continued on except it will retain the original paint except cage.Its not perfect but is very presentable.

This video is only the restoration process ,part 2 will be the completed restoration.

I will add that as long as all the parts are there it cost the same money and time to restore a valuable fan as one thats not so much.So if monetary value is important related to time ,this would be a bust.Buffing bronze compared to brass is a nightmare and I hope to not do it again!Add that to overlapping blades  ,the buffing ,and the balancing!!Thats just say 1000 dollars of labor hours on a 100 dollar fan.Good thing I don’t sell these things,at least not so far.I already know who I will gift it to.The people I give the restored fans to have no general idea of worth.So there’s that.

I hope you enjoy.

IMG_1854.jpeg

IMG_1861.jpeg

Edited by Paul Carmody