Easter Evening Auction Fortnight Sunday Confessional

Nicholas Denney

I'll come clean - after hearing about the problems and complaints from others about the Gathman auction, I was the Westinghouse vane winner, along with some others from the auction... but no, I did not receive a PI241 or bid on the R&M. 

I was in contact with Tony who runs the auction both before and after I received my items. I was especially concerned about the fans I won as they were the most fragile. He assured me that all would be well and they would disassemble them for shipping, which they did, and they did arrive safely, completely free of damage. HOWEVER... one of the boxes had almost completely broken open on the bottom by the time I had received it, and I sent notification to them about it, to which they were responsive. 

I can't answer as to what happened or why they are not forthcoming on an attempt to resolve.

Screenshot_20240414_202127_Messages.jpg

Thanks for posting Nicholas. Hopefully your Vane was all good inside the box.  I see your were in contact with Tony via text; I will give that a try as well. Maybe I'm getting ghosted because there's probably not going to be a good end to how this is going to go. Someone probably got a PI241 for dirt cheap (hopefully it survived shipping). And the auction house is going to be out the money for the lot as I already opened a dispute with my credit card company.