GE Continuous Oscillator Questions

Robert Todd

I was hoping that someone might tell me what year(s) GE made the Continuous Oscillator?  Also, did they all have a star oscillator screw that connected the oscillator arm to the wheel?  Mine came with a standard round head bolt that was a perfect fit.  Perfect size and length.  Thanks.

1913,  there were a  couple of variations.   The knobs varied from star to a flower shaped one.  I think I have seen a knurled knob on a couple also.

Edited by Anthony Lindsey

There are two variants of the "roundback",  the continuous,  which just has a screw and a wheel with positions to screw it into,   and the continuous star (or 1 star)  that has a pot metal oscillator wheel similar to the early three star fan,  which will have a slot and a threaded rod that sticks out,  that will allow any position from full oscillation to stationary.

1 hour ago, Anthony Lindsey said:

1913, there were a couple of variations.   The knobs varied from star to a flower shaped one.  I think I have seen a knurled knob on a couple also.

Are you sure about 13, Anthony? None of the rest of us are sure including Steve Rockwell to the best of my knowledge. Reflect back on this debate in this old post from the new website and go over it carefully. GE may have designed the round back in 1913, but there is no evidence it went to market in 13. In 1914 it is seen in the GE catalogue.

1914 GE Catalogue Image.

image.jpeg.5d1de6bf05c744f379e1367b2923d439.jpeg

Edited by Russ Huber

GE1913Snipitfile.png.bc7a15b20b78ce5e3552300c7453e906.pngGE1913SnipitFile2.png.6bb7f4fe6017698b65f47f98486fe77a.png 

I was going by the GE list in the old forum.   Not sure about anything with GE.

Edited by Anthony Lindsey

Thanks for the information, gentlemen.  That gets me pretty close to the year of manufacture.  It might have been easier if I posted a picture to start with, but I will post one now if anyone has any further comments.  Thanks, again, for your help.

P4189815.JPG

5 hours ago, Anthony Lindsey said:

GE1913Snipitfile.png.bc7a15b20b78ce5e3552300c7453e906.pngGE1913SnipitFile2.png.6bb7f4fe6017698b65f47f98486fe77a.png 

I was going by the GE list in the old forum.   Not sure about anything with GE.

I know about that. And it is very helpful in most cases understanding the GE fan motor transitions within each year. I just can't find something to validate the GE Roundback on the market in 13. The 1913 GE electrical supply does not support it. The 1913 GE fan motor bulletin does not support it. 1913 electrical trade does not support it.

Steve's image shared of the Roundback stating 1913 model in the old post has the possibility of announcing a 1913 design placed on the market the following season. 

image.jpeg.05c63d992dec51202f3452bf9dcd1a87.jpeg

Edited by Russ Huber

1 hour ago, Robert Todd said:

Thanks for the information, gentlemen.  That gets me pretty close to the year of manufacture.  It might have been easier if I posted a picture to start with, but I will post one now if anyone has any further comments.  Thanks, again, for your help.

P4189815.JPG

Original shoulder screw must have gone missing. 

IMG_4897.thumb.JPG.6da9ba6ebbf34b655cef6511dfc6468a.jpg