1954 Emerson Jubilee Fan Restoration part 2

Paul Carmody

For those that didn't catch part 1 Restoration process A short recap.First It has an interesting tag that I thought maybe a motel fan.There really is no reason to think that.Who knows?But  I did look up the initials and I’m sure just by coincidence the year of the fan and the start up or move of a movie production company to a new location in 1954.

Needing more space to accommodate increasing production, in December 1954 Ziv purchased 92 percent of American National Studios in Hollywood. The trade publication Billboard said that the six-acre purchase was reported to have exceeded $2 million. It had more than double the space of Ziv's previous facility.

Now the recap.Mangled cage,13 separations ,one cage support off.Blade out of wack.The blade bronze only had light reparable damage visually.The fan body is very clean with minor scuffs and staining with zero rust.I could have restored 2 or 3  fans on the time spent on the blade alone.Silly I know.I did go back and add more shine after going a full brush look.All descriptions in part one.

This video is only right at 3min. long.There is no talking,very little text ,with the fan running at the end.Has a nice spin down at the finish.

IMG_1941.jpeg

IMG_1944.jpeg

IMG_2520.jpeg

IMG_2536.jpeg

Edited by Paul Carmody
  • Like 1