Hunter Adjustable Blade Bracket Question

Robert Todd

I have an original Hunter C-17 with adjustable cast iron blade brackets.  Recently, I found a group of what I believed were blade brackets for another adjustable C-17 but these are cast brass.  When did Hunter use cast brass blade brackets of this style?  Thanks.

You're talking about the collar with the thumb screw that you turn and all 4 blades adjust simultaneously?

I have never seen cast brass anything OEM from Hunter.

They look like similar blade holders that I have on my C-17 but they are cast iron which is why I asked the question.  These are not "new" as they have a patina on them.  Are they earlier recast?  I don't know.  That's why I asked the question.  Thanks for your answer.

I learned a long time back not to ever say they never made something but I’m with Andrew, never seen it from the factory.

I’m with Andrew and Stan. I’ve not seen anything factory from Hunter that was cast brass. I think your idea of old repops is a good one. Those would have patina on them.

Thanks, again, guys.  I didn't even notice they were brass when I first bought them.  I just knew what they were.  When I did finally notice the brass, it got me to thinking.  They are really pretty nice.  Already drilled and threaded.

• Like 1