Make Your Own Portable Battery Fan

Russ Huber

40 minutes ago, Russ Huber said:

Cad 1, 2, 3. The rest is machining. Simple commutator. Brass strip brushes.

Cad1.v1.jpg

Cad2.v1.jpg

Cad3.v1.jpg

Agree.  I was reading the first article and could not understand and had to find the original patent he was referring to.  Then the second article made sense but is very difficult to do.  This one would be a good beginning project on learning how to wind spools.

3 hours ago, Louis Luu said:

Agree.  I was reading the first article and could not understand and had to find the original patent he was referring to.  Then the second article made sense but is very difficult to do.  This one would be a good beginning project on learning how to wind spools.

I sent you a new meter in past on the house as it was your intent to learn how to use it. My point is maybe you don't need to focus on the electrical function and windings and wiring of this motor. If you want to see it happen, your skill set lies in reproducing those frame parts. There are a good handful or two of skilled machinists here that could reproduce the components on the shaft with commutator. You just need a volunteer for the project. The brush holders could be machined and reproduced. There are others here that have above average understanding how it should be wound and function. Can't do much to replicate the Mason/Keegan battery fan without reproducing the frame parts, cooperation from a machinist, and someone to wind and wire it up. 

7 hours ago, Russ Huber said:

I sent you a new meter in past on the house as it was your intent to learn how to use it. My point is maybe you don't need to focus on the electrical function and windings and wiring of this motor. If you want to see it happen, your skill set lies in reproducing those frame parts. There are a good handful or two of skilled machinists here that could reproduce the components on the shaft with commutator. You just need a volunteer for the project. The brush holders could be machined and reproduced. There are others here that have above average understanding how it should be wound and function. Can't do much to replicate the Mason/Keegan battery fan without reproducing the frame parts, cooperation from a machinist, and someone to wind and wire it up. 

Part of the fun is struggling.  Besides, I have not even attempted yet with winding motor.  I'm afraid of electricity that comes out of the wall not small battery shocks are OK with me.  I like to have a little fun.

13 minutes ago, Louis Luu said:

I'm afraid of electricity that comes out of the wall...

image.png.7994c8abcea99a4c215e00cba53abd7a.png.c1fc04d0a9912a2d060dd1f7ef400185.thumb.png.5807d8afb756b2975470dfcf2fa78060.png

• Haha 1

Not "can", i.e. "is able to"
  but "will", i.e. "is inevitable."

Reddy has your number! *

*  On speed dial.

1 hour ago, Jim Kovar said:

Not "can", i.e. "is able to"
  but "will", i.e. "is inevitable."

Reddy has your number! *

*  On speed dial.

Everyone dies.  It is just of matter of when where and how.  My luck, I'll probably die stepping on one of them people with no homes....sorry, we are not allowed to call them homeless....people with no address?  I do live in Commufornia.

FYI....almost ran over two of them this year.  One was doing workout at the gas station in the driveway and another one was covered in a blank blanket walking across the freeway.  I did manage to somehow miss both.  My ethnic driving skills is not what it used to be.