A ventilating Fan company. Large fan.

Steve Sherwood

Looks like and Eskimo cage. It runs. One speed fan. I bought for $29 in Tightwad Missouri.

17141668083891141230469061454055.jpg

1714166828946750456681825792213.jpg

Blades look Victor. Looks like one of those companies that bought parts & put them together.

Figured you would go after that looking like an Eskimo. 😀

• Haha 1

Google full read books fade around 1928 now for the most part, and then go to book snippets.  Each passing year Google full read books continue to expand.

When it comes to the larger circulators, which for most part went full bloom starting in the 1930s forward, web access to old newspaper is an asset. Mike Kearns tediously over many years has compiled a huge stash of detailed circulator information far surpassing anything I have dug up. Mike wisely puts data and information to file. I don't. 

Robert's contribution may have pegged it. Steve's circulator may well be a Berns Air King product. But I am just speculating.  I have seen in the flesh, but never purchased Berns Air King product.

7 hours ago, Steve Sherwood said:

The housing is cast iron.

Steve, I am not challenging you, but did you put a magnet to the housing to validate it is cast iron?  

I just checked the housing with a magnet, pot metal.

38 minutes ago, Geoff Dunaway said:

Or Aluminum maybe ???

Could be Aluminum? I will know more when I take it apart.

I'm leaning towards aluminum. If so, you could have fun with that one by stripping the housing paint and taking it to a buffing wheel. You could bring out a Chrome luster to the housing. A fine wire wheel on a drill will clean off the rust on the guard. 

18 hours ago, Steve Sherwood said:

I bought for $29 in Tightwad Missouri.

Isn't kind of "Peculiar" to have a tightwad buyer driving to a town named Tightwad in his home state of Missouri?🙂

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Stan Adams said:

Except they kicked him out of Peculiar Russ.

Awwww...that's a shame. He should consider Tightwad. Sounds like a quiet one horse town. Probably got one church and 4 bars. He can stumble out of one honky tonk and fall into another just across the street. On the sabbath he can repent his sins. That's how we do it in small town Wisconsin. 🙂

DSC_0402.jpeg

2 hours ago, Stan Adams said:

Except they kicked him out of Peculiar Russ. This is why I got kicked out of Peculiar.

• Like 2

On 4/26/2024 at 7:18 PM, Stan Adams said:

[To Steve Sherwood] Figured you would go after that looking like an Eskimo.

Yes, Stan, I also noticed
the cage similarity to a
king cobweb.

large.877_310112_320000000.jpg.92f4c2a0946be27696e13ce291a4f36f.jpg.4558596a0e684469154f7b3082182d80.jpg