Which window fan should I buy? (LAU Ultra Twenty or GE automatic twin blade?)

Chris Argentino

The seller wants $30 each but I’m only looking to get one. He has a ge automatic dual blade window fan and a LAU Ultra Twenty. I have heard that the ge window fans (especially the later models) are not really known for their reliability. But the ultra twenty has a fasco motor in it which I hear good things about. Which one would you choose? Both are in similar good working condition. 

6B0A3341-979C-4609-BC95-E3B1803C0E3A.jpeg

B97EB7EE-5905-49DD-912F-D7B04BEBA72E.jpeg

CHRIS, BEING FAN-CLUBBERS I THINK WE WOULD JUMP ON BOTH , ***BUT**** IF I HAD TO CHOOSE I WOULD GO WITH THE LAU. KEEP IT OILED AND MOTOR VENTS CLEAN AND IT SHOULD LAST A LONG TIME

EITHER FAN HAS ITS UP AND DOWN SIDE 

**********THE LAU IS A VERY NARROW CABINET FRONT TO BACK AND THEY EASILY TIP BACKWARDS AWAY FROM THE AIR DIRECTION ON A CARPETED FLOOR.  I HAD ONE AND HAVE A SUPER TWENTY NOW AND EVEN ON A HARD FLOOR I ALWAYS HAD A CHAIR OR SOMETHING BEHIND THE FAN IN CASE IT BLEW OVER BACKWARDS 

THE GE IS PRETTY QUIET BUT YOU WONT GET THE AIR FLOW OF THE LAU. IF YOU ARE USING IT TO VENT OUT YOUR HOUSE OR APARTMENT.*ALSO* THE RUBBER BLADE MOUNTS BECOME DRY AND THEY EITHER SPIN ON THE SHAFT OR THE BLADE SPINS ON THE RUBBER AND THE BLADES SLOW DOWN SQUEAK OR WOBBLE ...THIS IS RECTIFIED BY OUR ONLINE EXPERTS IN THE CLUB THAT A VACCUUM CAP FROM THE AUTO PARTS STORE WORKS

SO....ITS UP TO YOU ...I WOULD GET BOTH ...SMILE!!!!

19 hours ago, Tom Zapf said:

CHRIS, BEING FAN-CLUBBERS I THINK WE WOULD JUMP ON BOTH , ***BUT**** IF I HAD TO CHOOSE I WOULD GO WITH THE LAU. KEEP IT OILED AND MOTOR VENTS CLEAN AND IT SHOULD LAST A LONG TIME

EITHER FAN HAS ITS UP AND DOWN SIDE 

**********THE LAU IS A VERY NARROW CABINET FRONT TO BACK AND THEY EASILY TIP BACKWARDS AWAY FROM THE AIR DIRECTION ON A CARPETED FLOOR.  I HAD ONE AND HAVE A SUPER TWENTY NOW AND EVEN ON A HARD FLOOR I ALWAYS HAD A CHAIR OR SOMETHING BEHIND THE FAN IN CASE IT BLEW OVER BACKWARDS 

THE GE IS PRETTY QUIET BUT YOU WONT GET THE AIR FLOW OF THE LAU. IF YOU ARE USING IT TO VENT OUT YOUR HOUSE OR APARTMENT.*ALSO* THE RUBBER BLADE MOUNTS BECOME DRY AND THEY EITHER SPIN ON THE SHAFT OR THE BLADE SPINS ON THE RUBBER AND THE BLADES SLOW DOWN SQUEAK OR WOBBLE ...THIS IS RECTIFIED BY OUR ONLINE EXPERTS IN THE CLUB THAT A VACCUUM CAP FROM THE AUTO PARTS STORE WORKS

SO....ITS UP TO YOU ...I WOULD GET BOTH ...SMILE!!!!

It seems like the LAU might be the longer lasting choice? I think the GE is unique and cool but not much else. The seller has 2 LAUs. Maybe I will go with these

I HATE TO SAY IT BUT I WOULD GET ALL THREE ! I AM A TRUE FAN COLLECTOR...IF THE CUSTOMER IS ORIGINAL OWNER OF THE LAU'S ASK THEM IF THEY HAVE EITHER A WINDOW PANEL OR WINDOW HANGER BAR THAT WENT WITH THEM? ...THE GE WOULD HAVE A WINDOW PANEL MOUNT IF THEY STILL HAVE IT 

4 hours ago, Tom Zapf said:

I HATE TO SAY IT BUT I WOULD GET ALL THREE ! I AM A TRUE FAN COLLECTOR...IF THE CUSTOMER IS ORIGINAL OWNER OF THE LAU'S ASK THEM IF THEY HAVE EITHER A WINDOW PANEL OR WINDOW HANGER BAR THAT WENT WITH THEM? ...THE GE WOULD HAVE A WINDOW PANEL MOUNT IF THEY STILL HAVE IT 

The seller thinks that $30 for the LAU is too little lol. What do you think it’s worth?

FBAEBAF4-C3C5-4FE5-BB93-7FAAE98A8E11.jpeg