GE ge F13S125 pulling 1.3 amps on high and 1.11 on low, seems high.

Tim Babcock

I am not sure what this fan should pull but it does not seem to cycle up to speed. Its not horrible but seems a bit slow hard to tell. But the amps seem high for this fan. I have taken it apart cleaned it and re-greased it and oiled it. I was going to let it run for a while to see if it heats up or runs hot. I also have a question on these strap fans. Why are there so many models? F12S125, F13S125 and so on. Seem to be about the same fan. So what am I missing. Thanks

I did not see the amps on the bottom of the strap, .9 amps. So that answers that question. Is this most likely the windings? Maybe a short causing it to heat up and the amp draw? Will other models of this fan motor work in this one? If so what ones cross?

I think I fixed it. I removed the rotor and cleaned out the bearings. Not much there but enough old oil build up that I am now pulling the correct amps. I also noticed that part of the paper shield was broken off and a bare wire from the line in was touching the frame of the motor. Could be why the heat. Glad I did not run it long at a time. Re-shielded the wire and its now running at .9 amps on high These fans are simple to work on but the room for wires and the motor are limited and present a challenge to get them in the shell. First time I have removed the rotor in one of these fans. Very easy actually. Just one C keeper.

DSC09225.thumb.JPG.3d1aa8a0638ccd3cf69384cbb7eb0eec.JPGDSC09226.thumb.JPG.04d721956c63985f9a082b43d66c1f15.JPGDSC09227.thumb.JPG.571aa43ed1ca57431bea158dbeb4795c.JPG