IDing a GE fan

Chris Jacobsen

Just picked this up anf it is being shipped over.  Going to use it to hopefully replace my daily use fan.  I was wondering of this is a Vorlatec fan?  The one I have is by the ceiling, it ran forever but it was a rattle/rustbucket since I put it up there. 

My current blade doesnt have holes or screws (probably an attempt to balance out a wobble) so will hopefully reuse it.

Screenshot_20230710_152148_Facebook.jpg

1 hour ago, Lawrence Smith said:

Blade looks to have issues, extra screws & 1 is missing. Hope it turns out good for you 

Well the blade wasnt really my priority. I have a good one on my current fan.  The blade did not originally have screws, it appears two holes were drilled amd a screw put into one, I suspect for balancing.  Bet it has vibration but my main want is the cage. Mine is rusted apart and welds have broken at three points...

the center blade cap is missing as well... vortalex fans are very quiet and super durable but once the blade is damaged they are a bear to try to get back in good form! good luck with it! 

On 7/12/2023 at 8:17 AM, Tom Zapf said:

the center blade cap is missing as well... vortalex fans are very quiet and super durable but once the blade is damaged they are a bear to try to get back in good form! good luck with it! 

Yup, thanks Tom.  I have the little plastic hub cap on my old fan.  I would guess the blade got bent and instead of straightening they punched holes....  not the biggest worry because my old blade is good but might end up being a challenge to repair this blade.