Veritys Parts

Louis Luu

I need struts and horizontal oscillating arms for the 14 inch Veritys oscillator with the wide pizza slice blades. are all of those parts to the same model fan??

14 minutes ago, Geoff Dunaway said:

I need struts and horizontal oscillating arms for the 14 inch Veritys oscillator with the wide pizza slice blades. are all of those parts to the same model fan??

I'll get them all cleaned up tomorrow and label them.  Some are for double levers and some are for 12 inch orbital Veritys and Lite models.

Hey Louis,

For a 12-inch, twin-lever (double lever) oscillator, with tear-drop blades, I am in search of:

• the proper threaded screw that holds the brass engagement knob to the side of the rear gear box
  • the steel worm gear that meshes with the end of the rotor shaft; it extends backwards toward the rear cap
  • the threaded brass cap with slot that fits on the back of the box

Also, though not mentioned above, if you have Verity's Zephyr parts, I am in search of:

• the linkage connecting the rear gearbox to the C-ring

Many thanks if you have these.

Jeff

29 minutes ago, Jeff Whitfield said:

Hey Louis,

For a 12-inch, twin-lever (double lever) oscillator, with tear-drop blades, I am in search of:

• the proper threaded screw that holds the brass engagement knob to the side of the rear gear box
  • the steel worm gear that meshes with the end of the rotor shaft; it extends backwards toward the rear cap
  • the threaded brass cap with slot that fits on the back of the box

Also, though not mentioned above, if you have Verity's Zephyr parts, I am in search of:

• the linkage connecting the rear gearbox to the C-ring

Many thanks if you have these.

Jeff

I'll see what I can do.  I'm still a newbie when it comes to measuring threads and don't fully understand the nuances.  I do have the parts to copy from.  Right now, my main focus is making the missing parts for the double levers as I have half a dozen or so including a rare DC model.  I have noted the 16 inch Veritys Lite uses the same gear setup and size as the Veritys Lite.  I will get things clean up and post pictures tomorrow.

I did not put this under BST as these are parts I need anyway and would require me drawing them up anyway.  Once this is done, I will make them available for anyone who wants to order.  You simply pay for the cost for printing and cost of materials. 

I need a strut & side oiler for mine, I'll get pics shortly. Side oiler for reference-- I do not know whose fan that is

thumbnail_IMG_2830.jpg

3DE074C5-7587-4339-9C3F-8A7DB8AEA428.jpeg

15CB54DF-6F51-4191-9552-B5BEF0ACC2B7.jpeg

Edited by Lawrence Smith

44 minutes ago, Lawrence Smith said:

I need a strut & side oiler for mine, I'll get pics shortly. Side oiler for reference-- I do not know whose fan that is

thumbnail_IMG_2830.jpg

3DE074C5-7587-4339-9C3F-8A7DB8AEA428.jpeg

15CB54DF-6F51-4191-9552-B5BEF0ACC2B7.jpeg

I have some oilers I have been hoarding over the years.  I will see what I have.  The struts...I got extras.

Today's plan is to organize all the Veritys parts I have, clean them, measure.  I should have the thing that measures the gauge by tomorrow.  This is on my list of things to do.  I have three DC orbital Veritys I have been planning for years.  They came from a gentleman who worked in a shipyard and his grandfather was in the war and kept them.  I need to restore them to their former glory.

1 minute ago, Lawrence Smith said:

Louis, thank you. I've got a good story  on my acquisition but have not written it down yet!

Lawrence...I will be more than happy to have one of my struts.  I think I have enough British fans...over half a dozen double levers, too many Zephyrs (You've seen them from Will's posting), Webleys, half a dozen elliptical orbital GEC and many more.  I've been buying them up and study them in hopes of one day drawing them up when I had the skills.  Unfortunately, I still have not learn how to lathe or CNC.  I only started learning to CAD since the lockdown.  Many of my fans comes from meeting folks who are wonderful people and share the passion of keeping these memories alive.  I am just happy to be able to take care of them.

I have a very nice orbital GEC with an unusual transformer (?) device on the bottom I will post later.  I got it recently but have not had time to take pictures.

Thread forms can be a real minefield, especially when dealing with foreign fans. The English used their own threads, such as British Association, Whitworth fine and coarse, and British Standard Fine and British standard Coarse, not to mention screw and pipe thread forms. I have some of the tools needed to work on these, but I am by no means an expert. What I've learned has come from working on British motorcycles, especially early ones. That is a huge mess as they not only used the British threads especially Cycle Engineering Institute (CEI)thread forms, but started to standardize for America and even began the process of going Metric in the 70's.

So good luck with that. Should be real fun, like Sherlock Holmes fun.

1 hour ago, Bill Dunlap said:

Thread forms can be a real minefield, especially when dealing with foreign fans. The English used their own threads, such as British Association, Whitworth fine and coarse, and British Standard Fine and British standard Coarse, not to mention screw and pipe thread forms. I have some of the tools needed to work on these, but I am by no means an expert. What I've learned has come from working on British motorcycles, especially early ones. That is a huge mess as they not only used the British threads especially Cycle Engineering Institute (CEI)thread forms, but started to standardize for America and even began the process of going Metric in the 70's.

So good luck with that. Should be real fun, like Sherlock Holmes fun.

I bought the whole measuring thread thing...saw a whole bunch of post on how much of a headache it was.

This is what I'll be doing first.  Strut clips for double lever and orbital Veritys.  The double Lever side knob and screw.  Worm gear for the Veritys Lite which also happens to be the same for my 16 inch Veritys heavy/Lite.  The knob cover with the fancy decal.  The oscillating thing for the double lever which often has the screw end broken off.  The cap screw for the double lever and bushing....this too is often missing but should be installed.  There is a notch on the end cap screw for oil to help lubricate the bushing.  Lastly, the double lever.  I sacrificed one by cutting it to study it.  I could not tell whether it was one single piece or two.  Now I know.  For those interested, the double lever is actually one single piece with bronze with the ball bearing bushing.  I did try pushing the bearing out to see what would happen...it did.  I will need to get some dry ice and help facilitate the installing the bushing into the double lever.  For those that are worried I destroyed a perfectly good lever...NO.  The lever bushing was way past worn and extremely loose to be used safely.  I had to satisfy my curiosity so took a dremel to it.  Indeed the lever is one single piece.  I thought it was two piece since there was a ring indentation around the bushing...NO.  One piece.  I also took a magnet to the ring fragment.  I thought perhaps it might have been a soft metal that was poured into it....no...ferrous metal.  How the heck they figured how to fit the bearing into that ring...?  I will use dry ice for the bearing and push it in.  Also found one Kidney box I did not know I hid away...it will be going to a good home in Australia.  When I get more...I promise to let everyone know.  My caster has been what I would say a tad bit lazy.  He is my friend so I can't complain too much.

See what you need...for these only for now, let me know.  I will not be selling these but will make them available for those who want to order. 

20220116_111957.thumb.jpg.c7952245cf8ff4e1d5ccb11c512cb0a1.jpg

First step to drawing a good model is to get a flat picture.  I like using my flat bed scanner for this purpose.  The lens on tablet/phone always has a slight curve and distorts the image.

a.thumb.JPG.03394def8a7ea919e108ae914ed0ec3c.JPGc.JPG.262c87cb0ab1e09ef66e106699f2a028.JPGb.thumb.JPG.681091190b085c9ef5cdccc5e7a85e1b.JPG

Edited by Louis Luu

1 hour ago, Dave Hoatson said:

I had some new 6-40 screws made for my old 16” Veritys if anyone needs any. 

C103D8FA-769D-4267-9EAC-D4F6C3DFB6BC.jpeg

Dave, which part to those screw go to on the 16 inch?

• 2 weeks later...

Waiting for my printed screw to arrive before I proceed with the drawings.  I need to see how much shrinkage there is and how good the fit is.  The Maico printed screw should arrive sometime next week for testing.  If it is good, this will open up the possibility for printing worm gear and spur gear.

image.png.71b8773f56d48216e1b60477e6b8d62c.png.39613ddde35ec89f02870718e57c678e.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/20/2022 at 9:20 PM, Louis Luu said:

Dave, which part to those screw go to on the 16 inch?

I know they are used on both ends of the cage struts. Maybe other places.