Westing House Riviera 4520 Motor Question

Mark Winternheimer

Good morning all, and thank you for allowing me to goin your group. I have a question concerning a Westinghouse Riviera fan I recently purchased. I completed a preservation on the fan which ran for about a day followed by a smoke show. Unfortunately, the motor is toast. The fan has a 5 wire hex motor and Levolier switch. I was hoping someone could recommend a rewinding service where I could have the motor repaired? Even though it only ran for a day, it is impressive how much air the fan moves!

Westinghouse Riviera 4520.jpg

DID YOU JUST HAVE A SHORT OUT OF DID THE WINDINGS BURN AND MELT? THE LEVOLIER SWITCH ISNT A STRONG POINT DARN IT. I HAVE THE ROLLABOUT OF THAT FAN WITH THE PLAIN FRONT GRILLE, NOT THE AIR JET LIKE YOURS . 

8 minutes ago, Tom Zapf said:

DID YOU JUST HAVE A SHORT OUT OF DID THE WINDINGS BURN AND MELT? THE LEVOLIER SWITCH ISNT A STRONG POINT DARN IT. I HAVE THE ROLLABOUT OF THAT FAN WITH THE PLAIN FRONT GRILLE, NOT THE AIR JET LIKE YOURS . 

Hi Tom,

I am not sure it motor shorted out or if the winding burned.  I am guessing the winding got fried, the motor ran hot and I saw a few whiffs of smoke last night.  When the motor let go it was a true smoke show.

I had read a recent post discussing Westinghouse Hexagonal motor repair, they mentioned Mark Olson as a possible source for motor repair.  I just signed up for the group and for some reason I can't send a pm.  If someone has Mark's contact information I would greatly appreciate if you could pass it along.