Vornado for the wife.

Paul Carmody

Since we are on Vornados.I’m going to hang out with you guys in post 50 in a few.My wife has as much interest in fans as I do in Barbie dolls.Zilch!

But looking over my shoulder in a couple of instances she saw Vornados and said those are neat fans.So with the little interest in any fan I bought her one.It needs work.I am clueless on later fans.My first and more than likely my last.I was going to ask if that was an oil port in the back,then discovered the one in the front and determined it was and put in some oil.It did quiet it down some and ran smoother.Bent blades are a Bain to my existence.How the blade got bent,bad ,inside the enclosure is beyond me?But it did! I crudely push them back in place but it needs work.Hopefully I can get it back in balance.

Is there anything I need to know before it comes apart.Blade removal,case separation or anything out of the ordinary?I pretty sure I can figure it out but any tricks would be appreciated.

IMG_1552.jpeg

Edited by Paul Carmody

Some of them have 2 set screws in the same hole holding the blade on.   one on top of the other.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Anthony Lindsey said:

Some of them have 2 set screws in the same hole holding the blade on.   one on top of the other.

Thats good to know! Thanks!