Wrinkle Paint

Scott Stimpfle

Hello  all, I'm looking for some suggestion as to the best way clean this fan while preserving the wrinkle paint. The paint looks to be in good shape, just dirty. I had an earlier experience with an Eskimo factory wrinkle painted fan, and it seems like this type paint application is not very durable. I wound up compromising the wrinkled texture on the Eskimo and ending up repainting the fan, (attached). I would like to avoid doing  that on this fan. Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.

Cheers,

Scott

DSC_7965.JPG

DSC_7967.JPG

DSC_7966.JPG

DSC_7969.JPG

DSC_7968.NEF

Something I learned as a radio collector regarding the cleaning of wrinkle paint radios, horn speakers etc., eg AKs and Crosleys is "Goop."

6471231_New.jpg.de9ea2656621738d21e3e78e7b32c217.jpg

Yes, Goop, the waterless hand cleaner.

GoJo will work as well!  Thumbup.gif.92a2717a10e91ab43c06015d64a10541.gif

Goop works by emulsifying grease and oil and it will dislodge the crud and dirt in the valleys of wrinkle paint finishes.

Apply and massage in the Goop and daub it off with facial tissues or TP.

For heavier build ups of crud, a soft bristled brush will help.

Don't use the missus' toothbrush!  badidea.gif

Edited by Jim Kovar
  • Like 2

Thanks Jim, very good, I too have used GoJo successfully to clean both my wood and bakelite radio cabinets. I'll give it a try.

It'll give me good reason to retire my current toothbrush and replace it with a new one.

Cheers