I have a vintage LAN box fan I need clips for any help appreciated.

Tim Babcock

I have a vintage box fan, LAN the grills are missing the clips that hold is on. I have some aluminum holding it on right now but that is temp. I was wondering if I should just make them or if there is some way to buy a cable or similar clip to hold them. The measurement in-between the grates is 1/4 nich. And about 1 inch from the bottom of the grate to the hole where the screw goes to hold them to the body of the fan. Thanks.

The fan is not my fan but its the same fan model. I think what happened is for some reason the extended eyes were removed that held the cage in place. What I ended up doing is buying a rod bender. I made some clips out of 1/8 inch steel rod. Painted them and it holds in place and no chance of it coming off like the aluminum ones I made. This is the tool I bought https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B3GVCRP7?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details 

804f304ee45aba46156308e63e53d74f.jpg.6c20b2a1afe022ec9131cad5efa1d915.jpg

OK THAT IS A LASKO BREEZEMAKER , VARIOUS BRAND LABELS , BUT THATS WHAT IT IS IS CIRCA 1958. WHEN YOU SAY CLIPS YOU MEAN THE REAR SIDE CLIPS THAT GO FROME GILLE EDGE TO THE NUT THAT GOES THROUGH TO HOLD THE ENTIRE REAR GRILLE/MOTOR ASSEMBLY TO THE FAN "BOX"  CORRECT? 

I am not sure what used to hold them on from the factory. But when I got the fan it was held on with some copper wire. I ended up buying a small wire bending tool and making my own. The link below shows the tool I bought. It worked good to bend rod that a pair of pliers would not bend. I made an off set U and eye holder. Painted it and it works good. 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B3GVCRP7?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

DSC09776.JPG

WHAT IT APPEARS HAPPENED IS THE RUBBER/PLASTIC BUSHING WHICH MOUNTED THE REAR GRILLE ASSEMBLY TO THE VENTURI HOUSING IN THE MIDDLE OF THE "BOX" CAME APART AND SOMEONE MADE THEIR OWN MOUNT. I DONT HAVE THE PLASTIC RUBBER BUSHING "SPACER" I WILL CHECK FOR THE CLIPS