Phoenix 14" box fan

Steve Shead

Picked this really cool box fan up that was put out as a donation today. It looks like a country air Lakewood but has the phoenix on it. This is the first for me seeing a box fan with that name from what I can recollect, But I'm certain that it had something to do with Lakewood . It has a 2 speed motor I'm guessing a universal, and the speeds are controlled with push buttons . Runs really smoothly and is in nice condition. I'm happy to have it, can anybody tell me what this fan was really manufactured from ?

16969762522384809849779448094179.jpg

16969762967916732255779112092429.jpg

16969763336518581235053820815528.jpg

That is not made by lakewood. Looks like some really old frigid, or possibly some sort of mini "fresh'nd" aire by cory.

The motor is more than likely fasco but wouldn't be shocked if it was UE.

THAT MIGHT BE A FRIGID/KORD FAMILY  BY THE HANDLE AND PUSHBUTTONS LOCATION, THE GRILLE LOOKS LIKE LAKEWOOD SO MIGHT HAVE BEEN SOURCED ...NICE FIND.... YA DONE GOOD! 

6 hours ago, Tom Zapf said:

THAT MIGHT BE A FRIGID/KORD FAMILY  BY THE HANDLE AND PUSHBUTTONS LOCATION, THE GRILLE LOOKS LIKE LAKEWOOD SO MIGHT HAVE BEEN SOURCED ...NICE FIND.... YA DONE GOOD! 

Thanks Tom! I did some research this morning and found out this is NOT a Lakewood made fan, I found 2 videos of the fan on Youtube and from the information I gathered these were really manufactured by Frigid . This was a free find and its a really neat fan. I was lucky to find this AA good condition its in and I like it too.

Just now, Steve Shead said:

Thanks Tom! I did some research this morning and found out this is NOT a Lakewood made fan, I found 2 videos of the fan on Youtube and from the information I gathered these were really manufactured by Frigid . This was a free find and its a really neat fan. I was lucky to find this as good condition its in and I like it too.