Stylish Prototype Design CAD

Louis Luu

Have no idea what the name is....another prototype that did not get release.  I like the simplicity and the design.  Will make the shell and go from there.  Yes...I am getting bored so need something interesting to occupy my time.

USD48570-drawings-page-1.pngUSD48569-drawings-page-1.pngGE Noble Fan 1934 front. jpg.jpgGE Noble Fan 1934 back.jpgimage.thumb.png.b7b32a7b1a33e1a25cd2bcb37ccc4368.png

• Like 2

Sweet looking fan !   Love the fact it’s a 10” blade.   

I’d be in for one of those.  Have any idea on the motor that was going to be used ?

39 minutes ago, John Landstrom said:

Sweet looking fan !   Love the fact it’s a 10” blade.   

I’d be in for one of those.  Have any idea on the motor that was going to be used ?

One of these with a variable switch.

image.png.1d228d96a14b09c701d9d43dadf50207.png

Louis, 

You have yet to depict the circular knurled knob enclosed in the housing on the back of the fan base.  I’m assuming that’s the on/off switch?  Kinda cool looking and was wondering if you plan on adding that to your drawings or do you plan on adding a switch somewhere on the base?   

just askin….very cool depiction so far.  

2 minutes ago, John Landstrom said:

Louis, 

You have yet to depict the circular knurled knob enclosed in the housing on the back of the fan base.  I’m assuming that’s the on/off switch?  Kinda cool looking and was wondering if you plan on adding that to your drawings or do you plan on adding a switch somewhere on the base?   

just askin….very cool depiction so far.  

Have not decided yet.  That will be figured out after I get the shell.  I planning on doing one final attempt tonight at the shell.

The blade rotation is unusual.  The trailing end is towards the smaller end with the flat end leading forward.  Blade rotates in counterclockwise direction.

Edited by Louis Luu

Need to install a drone propeller motor.  The regular mini motor will not fit the housing.  I found a controller that can be adapted to the back knob but don't know what battery to use to power it.  I want a setup where I can use a USB charger on the battery mounted to the base.

image.png.1b822d49cd741b21a02466fdd5ac430f.pngimage.png.1b3975ab47d1792fe8ea45ed2342c322.png

LiPo batteries come in a variety of multiples of 3.7 volt cells. ie. 2s is a 2 cell battery making 7.4 volts. Based upon your motor type, it would use between 2s and 7s battery types. You should have a voltage rating that came with your motor.  I used a servo controller to control the speed on my drone based fan. See my video on how to hook them up. Chargers come in voltage specific ranges. For example my drone motor battery charger can charge 2s and 3s batteries. (they have different plugs)I don't know that these batteries could be charged using a USB cable. I doubt it. You're in for a steep learning curve with drone motors, but knowing you, you will master them in just a few hours.

BTW, my motor was rated for 14.2 volts and I run it on 7.4 volts and it just screams.  You could probably run them on a single 3.7 volt battery they would run just fine. Worth experimenting on these. Stuff is pretty cheap and plentiful.

Cheers,

Bill

PS I hope you make enough of these fans to sell one to me.:)

B.

Edited by Bill Dunlap
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Bill Dunlap said:

LiPo batteries come in a variety of multiples of 3.7 volt cells. ie. 2s is a 2 cell battery making 7.4 volts. Based upon your motor type, it would use between 2s and 7s battery types. You should have a voltage rating that came with your motor.  I used a servo controller to control the speed on my drone based fan. See my video on how to hook them up. Chargers come in voltage specific ranges. For example my drone motor battery charger can charge 2s and 3s batteries. (they have different plugs)I don't know that these batteries could be charged using a USB cable. I doubt it. You're in for a steep learning curve with drone motors, but knowing you, you will master them in just a few hours.

BTW, my motor was rated for 14.2 volts and I run it on 7.4 volts and it just screams.  You could probably run them on a single 3.7 volt battery they would run just fine. Worth experimenting on these. Stuff is pretty cheap and plentiful.

Cheers,

Bill

PS I hope you make enough of these fans to sell one to me.:)

B.

Sorry I can't do that.  Rumor has it I give away my prototypes.  Your Veritys will be heading out your way in about a week....will be off after December 15.  Busy with making test questions.

The blade hub will be printed in lightweight aluminum....hopefully this will do the trick.  The blade pitch is really deep....around 30 degrees.  I don't think there was a lot of planning on efficiency but more on looks on this fan.