Super Root Beer GE Motor AB/Jandus Wire Mount

Russ Huber

A super thanks to Mike Petree for a super effort getting her blade back in action. He had to recenter the factory drilled off center hub. The cast hub button up front was literally wobbling up and down especially noticeable on low speed before Mike did his magic.  Mike is always so humble, but he speaks softly but carries a big stick. Thanks to Vic for the Mcmaster rubber strip footing idea he shared. The pictures suck, too much background clutter, the lighting in this shack sucks as well. 

IMG_5172.JPG

IMG_5175.JPG

IMG_5180.JPG

IMG_5177.JPG

IMG_5185.JPG

IMG_5203.JPG

IMG_5204.JPG

IMG_5213.JPG

IMG_5214.JPG

IMG_5209.JPG

IMG_5220.JPG

IMG_5225.JPG

IMG_4448.thumb.JPG.2b2e6e3658cd4fcb552925028f15a5a7.jpg

Edited by Russ Huber
  • Like 6

17 minutes ago, Jim Roadt said:

Very cool

I assume that is your six pack pinstriping buddy's work ( excellent )

Thanks, Jim. Actually, the sign painter is straight as an arrow, he doesn't drink. 🙂  Real nice guy in his 70s. Not many, if any with his abilities around here anymore. Thanks to Mike Petree she is a nice runner. I need to take some better pictures. 

8 minutes ago, Arjun Saini said:

Russ I gotta say how do you do it?!

I want to thank those for the kind support. How do I do it? A lot slower than I used to, with help from some good people.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mark Behrend said:

I guess no takers when you had posted for sale earlier.

Wasn't for sale yet. I did post pictures of the stump on the "What's on Your Workbench." post.  Mike had his hands full with the blade. I bet he won't do another for a while.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bill Dunlap said:

The gold background on the brass badge is killin' it.

I was ahead of you on the black background on the badge, just haven't gone there yet. 🙂 Black head cord, black grommets, black power cord.....hmmmm.  

2 minutes ago, Russ Huber said:

I was ahead of you on the black background on the badge, just haven't gone there yet. 🙂 Black head cord, black grommets, black power cord.....hmmmm.  

Black cold bluing. 🙂

IMG_5214.JPG

Thanks so much again for the kind comments. The sign painter uses one shot paints. When he uses the gold paint, he learned in past to use yellow paint as a sub coat under the gold, so the gold adheres strong to the surface. He lets the yellow paint dry, and then retraces his steps with the gold. I watched him do his unique talent with his camel hair brush.

gONE109L8Z.jpg