Constellation Box fan

Anthony Lindsey

TALKK TO CHRIS HARDING. I HAD ONE ONCE WITH A DAMAGED TOP. THE WEAKEST PART IS THE RUBBER GROMMET BETWEEN THE SETSCREW  HUB AND THE BLADE HUB. CHELSEA  RUBBER TURNS TO GOO THEN BLACK TAR AND SPITS ALL OVER. ROB DUFFY IS PERFECTING A WAY TO REBUILD THESE 

On 12/2/2023 at 6:12 AM, Anthony Lindsey said:

anyone familiar with this fan?    Looks in good condition.

Antique 1950's Fan, Cool Mid Century

Me need 

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/4/2023 at 9:44 AM, Tom Zapf said:

TALKK TO CHRIS HARDING. I HAD ONE ONCE WITH A DAMAGED TOP. THE WEAKEST PART IS THE RUBBER GROMMET BETWEEN THE SETSCREW  HUB AND THE BLADE HUB. CHELSEA  RUBBER TURNS TO GOO THEN BLACK TAR AND SPITS ALL OVER. ROB DUFFY IS PERFECTING A WAY TO REBUILD THESE 

Do you know if he could rebuild a blade hub on a blade assembly from a Sears/Kenmore 20" Box Fan?

I have (and I think you're familiar with the fan I'm talking about) a 20" Kenmore 3 speed thermostatically controlled fan on a rollabout base that the blade assembly freewheels on the setscrew hub and I think its because the rubber grommet between the blade assembly and the setscrew hub has dried out and shrank (just the opposite of what these Chelsea blades do) and so I can't run my fan.

I've attempted to find through the BST section on here and on eBay a replacement blade for my fan, but I'm not finding anything, and other than the bad blade assembly the fan works perfectly fine (nothing wrong with the motor, the thermostat works as it should, etc.)

I've even tried using glue to repair the hub and no such luck because the velocity of the blade spinning on the motor shaft is just enough to break the glue bond between the blade assembly and the hub assembly, I was not able to try any sort of epoxy rated for high speed situations or metal epoxy yet because when I did buy some metal epoxy from the store one of the two epoxy chambers was dried out, so I wasn't even able to try it out, and I haven't had a chance to go back to the store and get some more.  

Edited by Levi Mevis