Badge replacement or repair

Will Miller

Is there anything I can do or does anyone know if Donald Coleman is still making stuff I sent him a message on his Facebook and Ebay Coleman Custom Etching pages on 11/5 and haven't gotten any response 

PXL_20231202_223344046.MP.jpg

PXL_20231202_223632577.jpg

PXL_20231202_234701114.jpg

PXL_20231202_224853228.jpg

I believe Donald is still doing badges and stuff, but I know over the past few years he’s been hard to reach. As I understand, he has a new job and has less time to do badges.  I know of no one else reproducing them.  

That is a common fan, so maybe another member has one if you post a request in the Looking For column.  

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

So, on badges and nameplates that do not have embossed text... I have converted the badges to digital image files - particularly a .png file. From there, you can get people on Etsy to make you decals/stickers to put back on the badges. It worked great for me on a couple of models. 

I'm in the process of restoring a Westinghouse Mobilaire, and I am going to go that route again. I'll post results when I finish it. 

I, like others, have had them made by Don and it took time to get a response.   Keep trying and have patience.  It’s well worth the wait.   

Note:  For example, on one of my requests I waited until I was done and ready for the a new badge so I contacted Don.   I ended up boxing it and waiting patiently for a reply.  Glad I didn’t put the motor back together early and have to disassemble the freshly painted motor.  

Edited by John Landstrom

I sent 2 badges to Donald in Match. My check cleared the bank yesterday. I will have to wait a few more months and then one day they will show up in amazing condition. Be patient and don’t expect to get a reply from Donald. As an FYI, I paid him $35.00 each badge plus $10.00 shipping. With inflation I figured his old price of $25.00 might have gone away

On 4/24/2024 at 7:48 AM, Malcolm MacGregor said:

I sent 2 badges to Donald in Match. My check cleared the bank yesterday. I will have to wait a few more months and then one day they will show up in amazing condition. Be patient and don’t expect to get a reply from Donald. As an FYI, I paid him $35.00 each badge plus $10.00 shipping. With inflation I figured his old price of $25.00 might have gone away

What Marcolm said. Don’t rush Donald. The wait is worth the enjoyment of opening that package when it arrives.