Resolving issue with a member.

Tim Babcock

Here is the state of the issue and again I will not say who the member is. But this is what has happened so far. A member replied to a fan I needed for parts. They posted me a PM of the picture of the fan and said it was their Grandmothers fan that sat on the top of her fridge for decades. We can to an agreement on price and on shipping it was decided that that I would pay $40 for shipping and they would return the balance through papal the method I paid.

The fan arrived poorly packaged and the blades all of the four were bent back at 90 degrees back and the cage was damaged. It was not the same fan as the one that was supposed to be sent to me. The postage was $25 marked on the postal shipping label. I contacted seller and was told they just grabbed the wrong fan and sent it and for all the issues they would send the one in the photo and keep the other fan. I replied that that would be fine and to keep the extra shipping for rectifying the issue.

I waited two weeks and nothing, no tracking no contact. I replied again if they had a tracking number. I got a PM that Family and holidays they were busy but would get it out in a couple of days. I waited another week and a half and nothing. I contacted them again and got a reply that they had no complete fans and what parts did I need they had some parts.

At this point I am discontinuing contact as its obvious that this is some sort of hope I will just give up and go away. The mod I contacted said don't let it go. So I started a dispute with my Credit Card on this purchase. I don't like doing that but I have done what I can to resolve this. The main reason I am posting this is if the seller wants to make counter charges that I am trying to scam people. I am not saying they will or are, but in case its brought up this is my side of the story and I have the correspondence to back it up.

• Sad 2

It was in the past and still may be member Bill Fanum was in charge of the code of ethics issues here. In short, he would be the go-to guy to get the details from both parties and be the in between to help resolve the issue/dispute. FWIW.  This way the dispute can hopefully resolved privately. 

• Like 3

Thanks but I resolved it with the CC company. I just don't want the seller saying the dispute was not right. But after getting lied to several times in a month I am done with this seller.

• Like 5

On 12/13/2023 at 8:30 AM, Steve Cunningham said:

Bill Fanum Is our ethics guy. He resolves most issues.

Sent a pm. Messaged bill twice but did not receive a reply. Seeking guidance on my own issue...

Bill Fanum is seldom on the forums, so may not get a message for sometime. His email & phone number are in the new directory.

2 hours ago, Stan Adams said:

Bill Fanum is seldom on the forums, so may not get a message for sometime. His email & phone number are in the new directory.

Ok, thank you...

That is one side of a story, a poorly told story - - post the  ENTIRE THREAD!!! You needed just a part - - image files are generic. I was ready ro send en entire new fan but you just could not wait . . .