VEB or VEM WTB Eltros (?) Fan Identification

Pedro Lima

I'm trying to find more about this nicely designed fan. The information on the base is almost none though a very destroyed original sticker is definitely in German and someone wrote "Eltros" in pencil. I bought it in Munich. The body is in enamel and the blades are in rubber. Using google lens you can find online somewhat contradicting info - the brand seems to be VEM or VEB WTB from Dresden or Berlin, the model seems to be Eltros and it's possibly from the 50s, though I'd bet, for the design, that it's earlier, from the 30s. Can any of the members help, please? Thank you!

20231209_111521.jpg

20231209_111425.jpg

20231209_111509.jpg

• Like 1

Forigen fans are not an area of experties for me. Anything signifigant like ad papers or catalogs I couldn't find. However I was able to find some photos of the info sticker of your fan, along with a different model.
488dd6ff-021f-478a-9b87-b6bb193574c7?rule=$_57.JPG
f0fc9e46-6c03-4630-b367-420cb70f5c07?rule=$_57.JPG
Veb eltros ventilator vintage antik in Schleswig-Holstein - Ahrensburg |  Kunst und Antiquitäten gebraucht kaufen | eBay Kleinanzeigen ist jetzt  KleinanzeigenVeb eltros ventilator vintage antik in Schleswig-Holstein - Ahrensburg |  Kunst und Antiquitäten gebraucht kaufen | eBay Kleinanzeigen ist jetzt  KleinanzeigenVeb eltros ventilator vintage antik in Schleswig-Holstein - Ahrensburg |  Kunst und Antiquitäten gebraucht kaufen | eBay Kleinanzeigen ist jetzt  KleinanzeigenVeb eltros ventilator vintage antik in Schleswig-Holstein - Ahrensburg |  Kunst und Antiquitäten gebraucht kaufen | eBay Kleinanzeigen ist jetzt  KleinanzeigenVeb eltros ventilator vintage antik in Schleswig-Holstein - Ahrensburg |  Kunst und Antiquitäten gebraucht kaufen | eBay Kleinanzeigen ist jetzt  Kleinanzeigen

• Like 1

Dear Alex, thank you for your help - it was great because it allowed me to clearly identify the fan (except for the model, since the blades on mine are different, but the base is exactly the same, so the manufacturer is definitely the same).

One wonderful detail about this fan - after opening it, I realised that it was actually not metal+enamel but porcelain! Fantastic.

Again, thank you for your kind help.

• Like 2

A product of 1950/60s East Germany (Communist Germany)

they basically renamed all companies with VEB VolksEigeneBetriebe (company owned by the people)…