Will a Polor cub button badge fit the vidrio fan cage?

Tim Babcock

On 12/13/2023 at 6:28 AM, Tim Babcock said:

I saw a Polar cub small fan that looks like the badge may fit. Has anyone ever used a button badge from another fan to go on the Vidrio fan?

Tim, I just placed 30 orders for the badge and will be doing the artwork tomorrow.  I will order the water slide decal and put it on the badge.  (You don't want to put a Polar Cub badge on a Vidrio).

image.thumb.png.03920bb23f3fda98f508a706bdc067a5.png

Edited by Louis Luu

5 hours ago, Louis Luu said:

Tim, I just placed 30 orders for the badge and will be doing the artwork tomorrow.  I will order the water slide decal and put it on the badge.  (You don't want to put a Polar Cub badge on a Vidrio).

image.thumb.png.03920bb23f3fda98f508a706bdc067a5.png

Good deal. Thanks for the update

4 hours ago, Tim Babcock said:

I have not seen anyone do glow in the dark paint on Vidrio motor and fan blades yet?  Would seem like a good match?

Edited by Louis Luu
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Tim Babcock said:

When you get a chance, please post a picture of your cage....center part.  I just want to make sure it fits.

18 minutes ago, Louis Luu said:

When you get a chance, please post a picture of your cage....center part.  I just want to make sure it fits.

Here is my Vidrio fan. Took an over all picture and one with a tape measure where the badge would goDSC00123.thumb.JPG.29fc497ce3933044fc673ec922c254aa.JPGDSC00124.thumb.JPG.8630cd5acc004581a658b21cf5c68fa9.JPG

1 minute ago, Tim Babcock said:

Here is my Vidrio fan. Took an over all picture and one with a tape measure where the badge would goDSC00123.thumb.JPG.29fc497ce3933044fc673ec922c254aa.JPGDSC00124.thumb.JPG.8630cd5acc004581a658b21cf5c68fa9.JPG

That one is correct to the fan and did not come with a cover.  If you want the name badge, the center will need to be removed and the new tag put on.

So my fan never did come with a badge? I will take one either way, but what size are the badges you have? I can modify the cage center

Edited by Tim Babcock

Just now, Tim Babcock said:

So my fan never did come with a badge?

Some did....the one that had a badge had a small round flatten disc.  Yours did not...I have several of them.  If you want, the disc can be swapped out and a badge added.  Yours is correct and is not missing.

2 hours ago, Louis Luu said:

I have not seen anyone do glow in the dark paint on Vidrio motor and fan blades yet?  Would seem like a good match?

I may give it a shot!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Louis Luu said:

Some did....the one that had a badge had a small round flatten disc.  Yours did not...I have several of them.  If you want, the disc can be swapped out and a badge added.  Yours is correct and is not missing.

What ever will fit on my fan would be good. I leave it up to you. I am not all that in tune to the badges on these.

1 hour ago, Tim Babcock said:

What ever will fit on my fan would be good. I leave it up to you. I am not all that in tune to the badges on these.

I'll make some standard size back plate....won't cost that much so if you decide to go with the badges...easy to switch out.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/20/2023 at 8:00 AM, Tim Babcock said:

I just got around to checking the fit for your badge.  The new badge will fit snugly over your badgeless model without hassle/modification.