Mystery All-Aluminium Atomic Age Marvel

Paul Michael

Thought this was a Marelli, but couldn't find it in the archives. 100% Al. Then though maybe Soviet. But leaning HEAVILY towards Italy manufacture. No marks on her save the three prong 10a Italian pre-1950 style SCAME plug. Probably had a round central blade (logo) insert but missing now. My time polishing Webers will come in handy here.

Any ideas?

Aluminium_Atomic_Age_Fan.thumb.jpg.3b780bde691eba4a9dc9f812dde878a0.jpg

• Like 4

Hi this is a late 50's CGE fan ( CGE was the italian division of General Electric ) and you can recognize from the blade also. These were designed in USA headquarters but just for italian market. They were baby blue / dark blue. The cage is missing here. I can date it 1955/56 circa. 

• Like 1

That is really neat looking!  I wonder if it had any sort of cage or other treatment around the blade? I seem to remember something similar to this with a sort of "Saturn rings" shroud around the perimeter of the blade, and a decoration of some type at the top.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, David Allen said:

That is really neat looking!  I wonder if it had any sort of cage or other treatment around the blade? I seem to remember something similar to this with a sort of "Saturn rings" shroud around the perimeter of the blade, and a decoration of some type at the top.

I searched all the similar ones I remembered, can't find this model at all... I wait for the European members to chime in... And yes there's clearly mounting provisions for a cage. If I can't find a photo or example anywhere, I'll have to see if I can design something appropriate . . . 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Now that’s a fan with tons of potential for miraculous paint schemes !

Cant wait to see it all dolled up in a George Jetson paint scheme !

IMG_0994.jpeg