Identify the Fan No. 20

Steve Rockwell

I would perhaps normally wait for the correct answer before replying, but here I am on-site and don't wish to be impolite about things... so no, swing and a miss, but do appreciate the interest George...

21 minutes ago, Steve Rockwell said:

I would perhaps normally wait for the correct answer before replying, but here I am on-site and don't wish to be impolite about things

Am back again, so I'll reply... warmer...

am away for most of the day, will check in when possible...

There they are... photos of a really good-looking fan... In keeping with precedent, I imagine I'll throw in some Peerless history... but not right this moment... Jim, do you have a year of manufacture for that fan? Its cage wires have a longer straight segment than the 12-inch in the black & white photo, to my eye anyway... and recurved outer ring?

image.thumb.jpeg.9c83457b68d6ea6dc66f8a3f541c1f29.jpeg

image.jpeg.708145bc034dd217e3e62bb1c0241d82.jpeg

A fresh Peerless bipolar was turned up in Chicago back in the late 90s, maybe early 2000s. It hit ebay. I want to say it turned up in a factory over on Cermak and about Halsted. It was the first fan I saw sell for high dollars, where it went I have no idea, it was out of my bank books reach...

• Like 1