List 2610 find

Will Miller

Picked this sweet 5 blade list 2610. The cage is a little rough and it's missing one strut and has another in bad shape but overall I'm happy to add this unique little guy to the collection / repair queue. If anyone has any recommendations on the struts I'm happy to hear them. Regards

PXL_20231221_001358472.jpg

PXL_20231221_001409725.jpg

PXL_20231221_001417599.jpg

PXL_20231221_001424305.jpg

PXL_20231221_001436317.jpg

• Like 2

Check with Steven Dempsey, he might have struts and possibly a cage. He works on a lot of those. The struts from a 4 wing should be the same. 

Edited by Lane Shirey
  • Like 1

Pretty sure I have the struts. Nothing much wrong with your cage. Let me know if you don't have joy lanes route, I'll wander up to the pile barn and see...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Michael Rathberger said:

Pretty sure I have the struts. Nothing much wrong with your cage. Let me know if you don't have joy lanes route, I'll wander up to the pile barn and see...

Steven is looking into it for me, I'll be in touch if he comes up empty.  Thanks! Merry Christmas!

The 5 blade list 2610 with brushed universal AC/DC motor was introduced in 1916 with brass guard and had its last year of manufacture with steel guard in 1920. Remember R&M 5 blade manufactured 5 years.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Russ Huber said:

Early list 2610 with brass guard.

IMG_0058.jpg

I think they're really neat little fans, I felt lucky to find this one in working condition with everything but the 2  struts intact.  It will stay in my permanent collection at least until I find a BC like your pic. 

• Like 1

Robbins & Myers announced in 1917 electrical trade their entire line of desk and bracket fan motors was of drawn steel. It appears they may have discontinued their separate catalogue and manufacture of cast iron models in 1917.

It also appears Robbins & Myers started the use of steel guards as early as 1917. 1918 for sure. 

content (2).v1 (34).jpg

content (3).v1 (21).jpg

content.v1 (44).jpg

download.png

• Like 2