Emerson 23046

Larry Hancock

6 hours ago, Mel Lagarde said:

Larry

This is a great fan me a great video.   Thank you for posting this for us.   

Thanks and you’re welcome!

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/23/2023 at 11:16 PM, Russ Huber said:

They were the real deal, just in limited numbers.

P1180517.JPG

Yeah.  I knew they were made.  Unicorn was probably not the best term to utilize.   Maybe this is a good time to have a conversation as there is really no difference between the 21 and the 23.  So why did Emerson change from 21 to 23 after one year?

On 1/17/2024 at 4:19 PM, Michael Mirin said:

You do nice work!

Thank you.  You are too kind my friend.

38 minutes ago, Larry Hancock said:

Maybe this is a good time to have a conversation as there is really no difference between the 21 and the 23.  So why did Emerson change from 21 to 23 after one year?

This would make a great conversation.

• Like 1

Chris and I have had this discussion about trying to figure out why Emerson had both the 21 and 23 series DC.  I believe there are just 1-2 of the 21's in the survey.  The 23's are not common by any means but there are more of those in the survey than the 21.  

Seems adjacent to the 17666 and 19666 mystery.  Nothing is different about those other than the 19 would eventually start offering steel cages, handles, etc.  

..........Dan H.

1 hour ago, Dan Hilton said:

Chris and I have had this discussion about trying to figure out why Emerson had both the 21 and 23 series DC.  I believe there are just 1-2 of the 21's in the survey.  The 23's are not common by any means but there are more of those in the survey than the 21.  

Seems adjacent to the 17666 and 19666 mystery.  Nothing is different about those other than the 19 would eventually start offering steel cages, handles, etc.  

..........Dan H.

It is similar to the 17/19 issue, accept 21/23 had all options, Ex. 046, 066, 048.  The 17/19 discussion would be awesome too, because why would they make a certain model in only 666?   Sadly unless we have some internal documents to explain, all we can do is hypothesize?  Maybe someone out there has documents that would help...

Edited by Larry Hancock

Personally drawn to the 21/23 series as it combines as I perceive the best profile and DC all in one.

The 21 DC into 23 DC is something always baffled me as to why. As Dan mentioned we have discussed this. The 23 designation only applies DC.

It has often been designated as 21 DC series was 1914 and 23 DC was 1915-16 which is not entirely correct. Best approach can think of based on timeline.

Known facts are:

June ‘13  - DC 11 series placed in bargain bin. 

Oct ‘13 - announced new designs coming for AC and DC

Jan ‘14 - New references and AC pic released 

June ‘14 -  First mention of 23 series (still nothing on 21 series)

July ‘15 - Replacement blades offered for 21046 and 23046. Same blade and first 21046 reference

Feb ‘17 - 23046 offered in discount bin

July ‘21 -21048 and 24048 both in bargain bin

All the above is in Emerson monthly along with all months available so there are no missing publications. Easy assumption is DC 21 series would roll out alongside AC Jan ‘14 but by June ‘14 the fan was designated 23046. A year later replacement blade available for the 21046.

One thought was possibly 23 was introduced to identify as DC vs AC however if so why revert back 1917 with the AC and DC 24 series. Makes no sense.

Pure speculation but maybe a typo June ‘14 when 23046 was referenced and as orders came it easier to avert confusion or upset customers believing a received DC 21 was old stock. Easier to retag them as 23 series. This is a short 6 month window for DC 21 into 23 during first half of 1914.

Some fans obviously released as 21 DC or replacement parts would not be offered. Also why not rebadge the left over 21048 into 23048 vs bargin bin them?

Edited by Chris Campbell
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Chris Campbell said:

...to avert confusion or upset customers believing...   ...was old stock. Easier to retag...   ...vs bargin bin them?

Why not do both?

https://youtube

Edited by Jim Kovar
  • Haha 2

On 1/19/2024 at 9:10 PM, Jim Kovar said:

Why not do both?

https://youtube

They did do both a 21 and 23. 
DC types were made parallel to AC under same series beginning with 11 series after the 1115/1116 4 digits retired.

23 series was a step out unique to DC only. 24 series resumed parallel production types. 

Why step out with a one time unique 23 code after 6 months? 

• Like 1

If memory serves, the 19044 was out for a year or more while the 14644 was still in production. I never understood why as there was an 11044 which was identical for the most part, but never a 14044. Again, from memory. Maybe it had something to do with the codeword for ordering causing confusion.

• Like 1